~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Beginners Soap Making Forum > Anyone knows what and why this could happened?

Old 12-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #11
penelopejane

Liked 1933 Times on 1136 Posts
Likes Given: 2950

It looks like partial gel or unevenly mixed in EO.
I'd add the EO with the oils, soap warmer and insulate the mold with a lid and a towel.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:33 AM   #12
fanny_jLL

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlene View Post
That seems awfully cool for 40% hard oils. Have you soaped that cool with this recipe before? And if so, did you also get the same result or a different result?

Hi earlene.. iím sorry.. i mean 27C/80F is the room temperature.. but for oils i always melt them first and mix them in more than 40C/105F..is it warm enough?

Old 12-06-2017, 01:39 AM   #13
fanny_jLL

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopejane View Post
It looks like partial gel or unevenly mixed in EO.
I'd add the EO with the oils, soap warmer and insulate the mold with a lid and a towel.

Hi penelopejane..do you think thatís the problem?well it could be because i just mix them and not stir them..i just shake them a minute..and add them at trace..i never try that method yet (add EO with oil).. because iím afraid the EO will evaporate,is that not?

Old 12-06-2017, 03:38 AM   #14
Susie
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7904 Times on 4356 Posts
Likes Given: 16631

I think you might have soaped too cool for the hard oils to stay melted and mixed in.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:10-14
Lion Of Judah Likes This 
Old 12-06-2017, 09:50 AM   #15
fanny_jLL

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
I think you might have soaped too cool for the hard oils to stay melted and mixed in.

Hi Susie.. Can you give me a clue in what temp is best?thank you..

Old 12-06-2017, 12:00 PM   #16
Susie
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7904 Times on 4356 Posts
Likes Given: 16631

I think you let your mixture drop to that room temperature. Just keep it warm enough that the oils stay melted. Once you add the lye and stick blend, it will naturally go higher, just be sure to not let it sit and cool off.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:10-14
Lion Of Judah Likes This 
Old 12-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #17
penelopejane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanny_jLL View Post
Hi penelopejane..do you think thatís the problem?well it could be because i just mix them and not stir them..i just shake them a minute..and add them at trace..i never try that method yet (add EO with oil).. because iím afraid the EO will evaporate,is that not?
You need to mix the EOs in thoroughly. Adding them to the oils means you will always do this. They will not evaporate at soap making temperatures.

If you melt your hard oils and add them to cold other oils you will get streaks in your soap or stearic spots. If you let the melted oils and cold oils sit for a while this might negate the problem.

If mixing the EOs with the oils solves your problem your soaping temps might be ok. If mixing your EOs with the oils doesn't solve the problems try soaping warmer around 100*F

Old 12-06-2017, 10:19 PM   #18
Krisha

Don't worry dear, "practice makes man perfect".
Now you have to take out the mass and do again by hot process at 50c to 55c. stir well but oil should not be come out. stir until when you will not get soap smell. Than mold it with glossy paper in acrylic mold. try it.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:28 AM   #19
fanny_jLL

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thank you all.. noted.. will follow in next batch.. thank you all again.. really glad found this forum
Susie Likes This 
Old 12-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #20
penelopejane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanny_jLL View Post
Thank you all.. noted.. will follow in next batch.. thank you all again.. really glad found this forum
Susie and i are really saying the same thing even though she said - donít let the melted hard oils sit and cool off.

I said heat the hard oils and let them sit in the cooler oils so you get a bit of heat transfer and start the saponification process.