~*~ SMF January 2018 Challenge- Hidden Heart Swirl! ~*~
~ Last Look At November 2017 Challenge Photos~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Business Forum > General Business Forum > Best Way to Fill Bottles in Bulk?

Old 08-29-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
BayBoy

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Best Way to Fill Bottles in Bulk?

I'm planning to make a large batch (almost 2 gallons) of aftershave splash that I intend to bottle in 60+ 4oz Boston round bottles.

What's the easiest way to fill so many bottles? I was originally going to use a small funnel and a glass beaker. But that seems kind of cumbersome and ultimately messy.

Then I was thinking maybe a common 2-gallon ice tea and lemonade dispenser with a spout at the bottom. But I'm still thinking there must be a better approach.

Any ideas?

Old 08-29-2017, 11:01 PM   #2
PuddinAndPeanuts

Liked 191 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 80

What about a plastic condiment bottle? The kind with the small pointed tip. That way you can eliminate the funnel.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:06 AM   #3
BrewerGeorge

Liked 1599 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Find a home brew or wine making shop and buy something called a bottling wand and some hose. The bottling wand has a little valve at the end to make filling much easier.
earlene Likes This 
Old 08-30-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
BrewerGeorge

Liked 1599 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Now that I'm at a PC instead of a phone, I can give a bit more info on that bottling wand.

Here's a version with a spring but there are also all-plastic ones that just use gravity to close. For either of them, pushing down against the bottom of the bottle opens the valve for flow and lifting stops it. Not only does it stop (most of) the drippy mess, it also maintains the siphon as you move from bottle to bottle.
People Like This