Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome :) I'm a newbie here too, and a newbie to soap making. I've already gotten so much good advice that I've been taking notes for days :)

Hi everyone!!!!

I am so excited that I found this forum!! I've had a passion for learning to soap because one of my children has allergies to many nut & over the counter body soaps.

I've read tons of books, e-books & watched quite a few you tube videos. I didn't realize all that you can put into a soap. I am starting my 1st batch of hot process because I am running out of regular soap. Can't wait to ask basic questions about lye calculators & materials that you can add that makes a bubbly creamy soap don't know if you can have both?

Thanks for creating this forum!!! I look forward to lots of hard work & enjoyment of something handmade!!!

Kind Regards,
Nizhoni~

Welcome Nizhoni! I'm also a newbie. This place has been an amazing font of knowledge, inspiration and help.

Welcome Nizhoni! Feel free to ask, this is a really great place to be. All your questions will be answered by some of the smartest soaping minds. There could be some handholding or wrist slapping if you needed either. Be prepared for both while keeping in mind that everyone here wants to help you do the right thing the right way.

hello,

I signed up for this site for a moment. I am interested in soap.
Looking forward to meeting people here on this site.

Dreaming of becoming a soapmaker :)

Hi, and thanks for the friendly welcome!

Greetings from Portugal! :)

Zarita

Hi all!

I've been lurking for a few weeks and wanted to introduce myself. I have been interested in cold process soap for a while and finally took a class last week. I'm having tons of fun making a ridiculous amount of soap and am looking forward to improving and learning from the group!

Hello. I am Sarah. I have been making Soap and other beauty products for about 3 years now. I am just starting to use animal fats. Anyone have any pointers for those uses in CP Soap?

Hello. I am Sarah. I have been making Soap and other beauty products for about 3 years now. I am just starting to use animal fats. Anyone have any pointers for those uses in CP Soap?

Welcome to the forum Sarah.

The more lard the merrier ... or so I've been told! Seriously though, I use a recipe with 50% lard and it makes my bars harder than when I was using only plant based oils. I also have a richer, creamier lather that feels more conditioning and less drying.

I'm sure others will be along shortly to sing the complete praises of lard and tallow.

Welcome, Sarah! :wave:

IrishBeautyUS said:
I am just starting to use animal fats. Anyone have any pointers for those uses in CP Soap?

Do birds fly? Do bees buzz? In other words, you've come to the right place! :) Here is one of the most recent of our many threads on using lard in CP: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53092

IrishLass :)

Welcome Sarah! You have definitely come to the right place. I'll concur animal fats are awesome, I also use as much as 50% lard in my non veggie recipes and just love the way my soaps feel. Happy to have you join us!

Hi, Sarah. I first started making soap with Olive, Palm, Coconut and Castor. I really liked it, but once I switched the Palm for lard and threw Avocado in the mix I like it so much more. Lard rocks!

Greetings. My name is Joshua, and I am fairly new to the soap making scene. Started out with trying to save money by making my own laundry soap with Fels-Naptha. Succeeding in that I took it a step further. Totally hooked on soaping now. :)

Hi, Joshua! I got started the same way! Totally obsessed with soap making now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back