Frankincense Essential Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made my own frankincense oil and it has a lovely smell. You can buy the raw frankincense online and mix it with oils but it takes about 6 weeks to infuse. That should not be a problem for soap makers as the soap takes just as long to cure. The cost of the raw frankinsence was $18 AUD for 500g. I also made Myrrh oil but the scent is very mild, maybe I didn't leave it infuse long enough.

Being infused it won't likely survive the lye monster in CP. Most things that are infused and not true EO don't survive saponificiation unfortunately.

I made my own frankincense oil and it has a lovely smell. You can buy the raw frankincense online and mix it with oils but it takes about 6 weeks to infuse. That should not be a problem for soap makers as the soap takes just as long to cure. The cost of the raw frankinsence was $18 AUD for 500g. I also made Myrrh oil but the scent is very mild, maybe I didn't leave it infuse long enough.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I’ve been trying essntial oil brands and none seems to be to my liking so I’ve decided to make them myself by using ingredients from https://sportsinside.co.uk/departments/herbs-natural-remedies/aromatherapy/essential-oils.html or buy in local stores. what might be the outcome/risk?

The other day I started a thread about the above essential oil. Upon reading the responses it seems I may not have worded the question correctly. So I wanted to clarify...

Has anyone ever used Frankincense Essential Oil in their soap?

I have made several batches of goat milk based CP soap, and used a combination of frankincense and rosemary EO with great success. The scent has lasted and my kids even enjoy it.

Back