Nag Champa v.2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kikajess

Reaction score
I gave away all but two of the bars from my first batch of Nag Champa soap (those are for meeee!), so I figured I should make some more.

First time doing a pencil line with a mica (all previous pencil lines were done with cocoa powder). I think I like it. But I think my favorite part is the mica feathery pattern on the top, even though it rubs off because it was just powder sprinkled on the top.

My least favorite part is the flesh color on the bottom. I was trying for orange. Oh, well. It smells wonderful and that's really the best part.

01nagv2.jpg02nagv2.jpg

03nagv2.jpg

very nice! I'm loving the swirl on the top. I can never get my tops to swirl that nice...

They look fantastic. I love uneven pencil lines and I think the colors look very nice. Can I ask who your Nag Champa comes from? I have some from B&B and hate the color it turns plus I am really not fond of the fragrance of it.

Does your Nag Champa discolor at all? your fleshy tone may end up turning a good shade of brown.

I must say that I am immensely impressed with your pencil line. I have never seen one so thick and your bars held together!!! It looks perfect. Now I have hope that I can get a better one without having the soap fall apart. Lovely soap altogether!

They look fantastic. I love uneven pencil lines and I think the colors look very nice. Can I ask who your Nag Champa comes from? I have some from B&B and hate the color it turns plus I am really not fond of the fragrance of it.

Thanks! I got this FO from Coastal Scents. It doesn't discolor, but it does accelerate a little. It smells just like the incense to me. And it sticks; the few bars I have left from the batch I made in January still smell nice and strong.

Does your Nag Champa discolor at all? your fleshy tone may end up turning a good shade of brown.

I must say that I am immensely impressed with your pencil line. I have never seen one so thick and your bars held together!!! It looks perfect. Now I have hope that I can get a better one without having the soap fall apart. Lovely soap altogether!

Thank you!

The pencil line really wasn't very thick when I put it on. I think the powder simply spread out or bled into both halves during hardening.

This FO doesn't discolor, but does cause a little acceleration.

Latest posts

Back