New Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I didn't see the half cylinder one. Having made a few soaps in cups, I have to say that shape fits very nicely in the hand. I like it! I got a couple of spheres but not from BB. Haven't used them yet. I got a couple of their one pound, 3-4 bar loaf molds and am itching to try them. That was a good sale.

Better be posting pictures of your new soap, which I bet you'll be making in the next day or two!

I also got some of the half cylinder molds, I had purchased one a couple of months ago. I love it, wish they were a little deeper to make a larger bar, but they are very well made, and the bars come right out. I am having a little bit of a struggle shrink wrapping them though!

Have you tried wrapping them in plastic wrap and then using the heat gun on them. There was a tutorial on Soap Queen using cheap plastic wrap and a heat gun to wrap M&P.

I use the shrink wrap bags from Papermart, and they work really well, just this shape is more difficult. I think the soap will shrink a little and then I can smooth the finish out. Even the round shape soaps turn out great, I think because there aren't any sides to this design it makes it more of a challenge.

Back