Ideas for soap with mango butter? Mango puree?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aab1

Reaction score
I got 100 grams of mango butter because a review said it smelled great, well the one I got doesn't smell like much at all, but I'd still like to make a batch of soap with it.

I was thinking of adding finely blended mango to the soap along with orange essential oil. Would that work and should I add the blended mango to the lye water or to the mixture at trace?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

I usually. Don't use butters for their fragrance, the only one that has any pleasant smell is unrefined cocoa butter. I have used mango butter for its skin loving properties. I don't use fresh fruit in my soaps, I feel it shortens the life of the soap, bacteria can form pockets of bacteria plus it could cause an unpleasant color in the soap.However I did do a batch of soap with mango butter instead of fresh or canned mango, I used unsweetened mango nectar,it's pasteurized in the can, (makes me feel better). I did the cold process method, I added mango/ coconut fragrance oil, added the mango butter at trace. I did not let it gel, what I got was a creamy bar of soap in very pale peachy color, smelled great. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I have a BlendTec blender (the one from Will It Blend videos on Youtube if you've seen them), this blender is something like 3 horse power and completely liquefies anything, even the seeds in raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, etc that other blenders leave intact. I wouldn't feel comfortable adding fruit in soap if I didn't have this blender because any lumps would likely mold.

I've never used fruit in soap before and this would probably be a small "personal" batch for my own use and as an experiment.

Do pureed fruits still smell in the cured soap?

Thanks

Try it, I have heard of people using purée, never have seen whole fruit. I guess it's a personal preference . I really don't know if fruit fragrance remains in the finished soap. If I had to guess I would say that if you add the purée at trace and don't gel it, you might get good color and some fruit odor. If you try it let me know how it came out. I might be more inclined to try it. :)

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I love using Mango Butter in my soaps. I think it produces and more creamy lather than shea. As far as adding fruit, the only one that I have ever used is pumpkin however I have some papaya that I might puree for some facial soap :)

Latest posts

Back