Is my soap able to be saved?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splintercell

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and new to soap making. I'm wondering if my screwed up batch is able to be saved?? The other day I made olive oil soap using the following; 40 oz organic extra virgin olive oil, 10 oz grapesead oil, 16 oz water, supposed to be 6.7 oz dry sodium hydroxide but I screwed up and unfortunately left out about 2.2 oz. after adding the lye water to the oils and mixing for an hour, I then added my dry olive leaves and essential oils and poured into the mould. This morning it was still all liquid. I realized I had left out someof the lye. Is there any way to save it or is it garbage?:???:

I think you can save it. Pour it back into your mixing container, use a small amount of water to dissolve the missing amount of lye and add it into your oils. Mix really well with a stick blender and it should reach trace. The extra water will make your soap soft but be patient, it will harden properly in time.
Be very careful with the lye mix though, it will be very strong. Use gloves and eye protection.

If it is still liquid, mix up the missing lye with a little distilled water until dissolved and stick blend, hot process until soap is gelled and then put it into the mold.

Back