Variations on the Soap Theme Challenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I would try a different take on the challenges presented by the SoapWorks. I can't get good pictures because of some camera problems but they're good enough anyhow.

The first one is a variation on the tiger stripe swirl, to get a different pattern. It's supposed to be neon green and black but I didn't use enough of either the neon color (it is more of a yellow green than a lime green) or the black; it isn't dark enough. Scent is Licorice with spearmint.

The second is a variation on the elemental swirl. Instead of two layers of 4 colors (or three colors with natural), I did 4 sets of two color ITP swirls but tried to make it so they'd be more seamless going together. They mixed a bit more than I intended, although I like the look. I wanted it to look like the ocean from dark water to the lighter color at the surface. No Mica line so I guess it was more inspired by the elemental swirl than a variation. Scent makes no sense with the ocean theme; it's Love Spell with Lime.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Wow, those are both gorgeous! I especially like the swirls in the second one!!

The elemental swirl looks just like the painting "Starry Night" by Van Gogh. It's beauuuuuuuutiful!! Love your tiger stripe as well. They both turned out great!!

The elemental swirl looks just like the painting "Starry Night" by Van Gogh. It's beauuuuuuuutiful!! Love your tiger stripe as well. They both turned out great!!

Yes! That's the one I meant. What did I say? The Scream :crazy:

Yes! That's the one I meant. What did I say? The Scream :crazy:

It does also remind me of the scream too though! :D There are probably some other paintings of his that it looks like as well. It just has that Van Gogh feel to it lol.

The Scream, HA! I had to go back and look at it again because I mainly remember the screamer but the ocean soap does have an element of the background in that painting. It does like a little VAn Gogh-y to me because I had to add TD in the middle of pouring this and it didn't dissolve properly before I added it so it got that choppy swirly look to it. It was okay with me because it made me think of the foamy surface of a wave. Got partial gel but I've had a few separations lately which royally piss me off so it got stuck in the freezer as soon as I knew it was gelling.

Thanks for the compliments! I will have to do an actual elemental swirl though. Maybe I did a variation because I'm a chicken!

Latest posts

Back