Etsy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morena_mama

Reaction score
So I found Fragranceoil on Etsy and I was wondering is anyone has ever used this vendor?

Any Etsy advice?

I say give it a try since her prices are only 25 cents less than Peak's and with such a reasonable shipping charge. You could try one and it would only be $4.50. You wouldn't be out much if you didn't like it. If you love the FO, then you've found a new FO supplier. :D

I think I'll buy one because if her parents own a fragrance oil manufacturing plant then I think it's worth trying. Heck, I might even go wild and order two! I'm such a FO addict. :lol:

eta: Also, how many FO manufacturing plants are there in this country? It's possible her parents' company supplies some of the sites where many of us buy FOs. She's also had over 1200 positive feedbacks, only 6 neutral and no negative ones.

That is what I said the first time I saw it Hazel! I want my parents to own a FO Manufacturing company! :lol: I'll try a few. A few from Peak and a few from daystar.

And even though I have yet to order any I know I am a FO addict. I have 3 diffusers.

I ordered 2 FOs. I ordered White Tea & Ginger since I'm familiar with the scent and I still have a few bars scented with the WSP version. I also ordered Dragon's Blood. It has different notes in it from the previous one I've used and I wanted to check out the difference. It said orange, patchouli and something else which I don't remember. I'll have to let you know my opinion of them.

I'm kicking myself now. I wish I'd ordered the Poison Apple. It sounds wonderful to me and I think it sounds like it would make a great fall/Halloween FO.

Description:

Sweet, juicy apples with a hint of spice and a slight bubbly effervescence.

That's the one I am going to try!!!! For fall! lol Can you tell how excited I am?!?!

I am ordering tomorrow.

Hmm...I wonder if that Poison Apple is anything like the recently discontinued Poison'D Apple from DS. If so it accelerates trace and rices like you would not believe. Smelled great though.

A lot of the FOs listed on her etsy are available at Nature's Garden. If you buy 10 one ounce bottles at NG, they knock off .50 per bottle. This would actually make buying from NG cheaper. I'd trust NG before I'd trust this site.

I've ordered FO's on etsy before and been totally happy with them. I go back to "EyeSpider" most. What she does is buy fragrance oil in bulk from a bunch of different reputable companies and then distributes them as sort of a "one stop shop" (vs. paying shipping at say 3 different companies if you needed 3 specific scents). I just always message her to double check all the ones I'm interested in are skin safe (they usually say if they aren't).
I like to support fellow etsians when I can, and this is a win win!

Thanks Nancy! I didn't realize they were similar to NG. I know it's cheaper to buy larger amounts but most of the time I can't afford to buy a lot of FOs. Let's not even discuss the site that raised its "free shipping" and minimum purchase amount. :roll:

I don't mind trying someone on Etsy since the shipping was so cheap. There have been times where I've started to place an order on one of the suppliers' sites and the shipping costs more than what I want to buy. Plus if I don't like her FOs, I'm only out $7.45 and I won't purchase from her again. But it would be nice to find some place to buy a few ounces and not have to pay out $8 or more in shipping charges.

I tried to find what the neutral feedbacks said but I gave up on finding them afterwhile. I didn't feel like going through 60 pages looking for 6 comments. Yeah - short attention span. I got bored after several pages.

PrairieCraft -

I don't know if it is the same. Do you remember the description?

morena_mama -

Please let me know what you think of it. :D

nc.marula -

Thanks for sharing your experience with buying FOs on Etsy.

Alright! I decided to get 3 from Jenna + samples, 3 from Indigo Fragrance (her parents), 3 from eyespider, and 2 from Nature's garden.

Keep in mind I have no FO's. I'm happy! :lol:

A couple of big time suppliers have etsy accounts but sell on etsy under a different name :wink: .

I don't know wanything about that shop, but I have purchased flavor oils fron Sahara @ etsy several times & they are top notch.

Okay, I stand corrected. Maybe I'll give them a shot. I was doubting the story and thinking it was simply a case of repackaging.

I've purchased from Sahara too- not FOs, just supplies....and I agree, top-notch!

I know PigmentLady on Etsy is actually TKB.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Pigmentlady

I forgot to mention that within a couple of hours of placing the FO order I received an email telling me the order had been shipped. That's fast!

morena_mama -

Oh come on! You can't just state you bought some FOs and then not tell us which ones. You're just being a tease. :lol:

Nancy -

I do understand your skepticism. I have heard of repackaging problems on Etsy. Also, if it had been someone who had recently joined Etsy and only had a few sales then I probably wouldn't have purchased. However, I'm willing to try a couple of FOs for comparison.

On the other hand, it still works out cheaper to buy Peak's sampler pack. :wink:

Pumpkin Souffle
Candy Corn
Macintosh Apple

Pumpkin Eggnog
Winter Ice
Sugar Plum
Gummy Bears (For my son and his classmates bath jellies)
Blue Musk

Tussah Silk

Pink Sugar
Poison Apple

I THINK I SHOULD STOP!!!!

Back