Saved some failed soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I rebatched an old batch of Milk, honey and oatmeal soap into a new batch of Creamy Cinnamon Chai, after reading about the process here. For the original batch, I had substituted 1% cow's milk for water and of course it turned brown when I added the lye and smelled awful. Then I OP the batch in the mold, and the honey probably made it bubble over- what a mess. The resulting soap had too much oatmeal and it was weeping oil, even after several weeks.
Lessons learned from that first batch, but at least this one was saved into something useable. Not so pretty, but it smells lovely. Not weeping or oily and the scraps lathered beautifully.

3958711195_62066c87b3.jpg

Those look great; wish I could smell them! The first time I rebatched and milled my mistakes, I added a ton of flax seeds, and dumped whatever spices I found in my cupboard. I didn't have much hope for it, but it turned out great and was one of the best soaps I ever used. Soap chemistry is so fickle. Wish I could duplicate it, but I cant!

I pesonally love brown soaps. They just seem so rustic looking. Yours are very nice and the scent sounds interesting.

That looks like lovely soap, I wish I could smell it too, I also like brown/tan soaps and have no problem with their looks

Latest posts

Back