Website help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think yours looks great compared to mine. I use godaddy also. I have a web site and a store through them. I need to do more tweaking on mine though. I'm not really satisfied with the templates I'm currently using, which are generic 11 for the web site and beach runners for the store. I do like my store template better than the web site template though. And I love the ease of use of the store.

Chris

Some (hopefully) constructive criticism:

I wouldn't say it looks cheap, exactly - but TBH, I think the l lavender background is too much, and the font on your "product" pages is too small.

Also, it's my opinion that if your main goal is to sell soaps you should feature THEM in the center of the home page, not all the verbiage. It's all interesting stuff, but it seems to take the focus from the soaps you make and sell.

I actually thought maybe it was a work in progress because I couldn't even find your soaps link except the featured one - I had to look around for it - if I were shopping I don't know that I would have bothered. Then when I click on "our soaps" I STILL cannot purchase and have to keep looking. Ease of navigation is key in a professional, polished look.

The graphic in the corner is nifty, but is that the reason that you didn't use the left and right sides? It's annoying to see everything kinda crowded in on your home page, and then all that space.

Actually, ideally people shouldn't have to scroll on the home page (with most settings)

(I'm no designer either! Not by a long shot! But I AM a consumer and make a good % of my purchases of just about everything online)

i like the colors and set up of your website. if it was me i would make these changes...i would like to see not so many color changes in your writing on the home page, and more soap and less of the sunset person and namaste pictures. i would prefer to see your pricing on the page that has your soap choices on it also. i would remove these paragraphs from your home page (maybe put on another page?)

We wrap our soaps with recycled, and minimal paper. Soap packaging creates 80% less consumer waste.

We also love people to have the opportunity to smell our soaps and it is also better for the environment.

Each bar is unique and cuts will vary, but the approx weight of each bar is 4oz.

Our soaps not only cleanse your physical body, but they also cleanse your spirit and your mind

i think your site is awesome and that you did great. i am not criticizing and hope that you don't take it that way. :D

I love the way you set your site up , I also love the lavender ( my favorite color ). I think you did a fabulous job with it . I shop online a lot and there is no such thing as a perfect website imho. As long as I can see what you have , the price and what's in it , I am a happy shopper .Good luck with your venture :D

Kitn

I wouldn't say that it looks cheap. It looks business-like. I looked at Go-Daddy for setting up my website, but not being exactly web-proficient either, I knew I wouldn't be able to make it look "prettier" the way I wanted it to look because they didn't offer enough templates to suit my tastes.

Some people have websites that are too cutesy and I hate that look. I'm sure others just love it. With your website it looks easy to navigate and not cluttered up with a bunch of junk. I think it's probably a good look for the client you're trying to reach.

I think the cart thing is fine.

What I think you should do is: use your logo on your site.

I would also put your soaps first and then put all the stuff about the ingredients underneath.

It could be just me but I get sucked in by pictures.

Not bad at all! (this - coming from a web designer). You get your point across well, and it gets right down to business. :)

I didn't see it before, but it looks very nice now! The only suggestion I have is that it's very hard to read the blue writing on the brown background. Good luck!

Back