~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Fragrance Oils/Fragrance reviews > Candle Science FOs dissapear in cold process?

Old 11-20-2017, 02:48 AM   #11
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 900 Times on 429 Posts
Likes Given: 950

well, now the soaps are fully cured and something crazy happened. The scent came back! I am so happy.

Anyone experience that before?

People Like This 
Old 11-20-2017, 03:34 AM   #12
Millie

Liked 498 Times on 280 Posts
Likes Given: 2972

Hurray!
Yup, that has happened to me a few times.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #13
jcandleattic

Liked 648 Times on 392 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRiseArts View Post
well, now the soaps are fully cured and something crazy happened. The scent came back! I am so happy.

Anyone experience that before?
Yes, several times, with several suppliers FO's. Actually I think I've had it happen with at least 1 or 2 FO's from every supplier I use, but I use a lot of FO's from a lot of suppliers, so it's bound to happen and I just roll with it.
If the scent is completely gone in 12 weeks, and doesn't come back, even when the soaps get wet/lathered, then that scent gets delegated to candles only until the bottle is gone and then I don't repurchase.
People Like This 
Old 12-13-2017, 01:26 AM   #14
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

This is so interesting. Funny how unpredictable FOs can be! Are EOs the same way?

Old 12-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #15
jcandleattic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRiseArts View Post
This is so interesting. Funny how unpredictable FOs can be! Are EOs the same way?
I don't work with EO's because I find no matter how I try to anchor them, there are like 3-4 (Lime, Lemongrass, Patchouli) that stick and the rest fade to absolutely nothing by a 8-10 week cure, and they are just not worth the cost. Also I make candles, so I like working with scents that can work in all of my applications, and EO's for me, just do not work in wax/candles. I just don't know what the secret is, and know others can get them to work, but I've never been able to.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #16
PrairieLights

Liked 74 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 194

I have been trying to switch over and test out CS fragrances because I use them in my candles. Like jcandleattic, I like to be able to use my frags in all of my recipes. I have been trying to post my results on the master sheet here on SMF. Please do the same! That way we can all know how CS frags are behaving in soaps, (and other fragrances as well), saving each other money and heartache. BTW, their Dragon's Blood does last in CP soap!

(jcandlattic, I use essential oils in my aromatherapy candles with excellent success. Yes, there is a secret. Since I love your sig line, I will share it with you...)

Old 12-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #17
jcandleattic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieLights View Post

(jcandlattic, I use essential oils in my aromatherapy candles with excellent success. Yes, there is a secret. Since I love your sig line, I will share it with you...)
I got your PM and replied, thank you.
I've been changing my signature line about once a month, so I'm glad you like this one. It'll probably change again near the new year. LOL
Old 12-14-2017, 03:17 AM   #18
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieLights View Post
I have been trying to switch over and test out CS fragrances because I use them in my candles. Like jcandleattic, I like to be able to use my frags in all of my recipes. I have been trying to post my results on the master sheet here on SMF. Please do the same! That way we can all know how CS frags are behaving in soaps, (and other fragrances as well), saving each other money and heartache. BTW, their Dragon's Blood does last in CP soap!

May I know the secret too? Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeee?