~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Beginners Soap Making Forum > Molds

Old 11-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #11
Susie
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7909 Times on 4358 Posts
Likes Given: 16638

I like both. I like that my soap from my wooden mold has perfectly straight sides, so it is a breeze to cut. And I never have to worry about mold rash when CPOPing my soap in it. (I don't mind lining it. I have several liners pre-cut.) I like that my silicone molds are smaller so I can make smaller batches with them. I started using them first, but I love my wooden mold. I gel all my soaps, so they are hard when I unmold and cut. So no weird anything on the sides.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:10-14

Old 11-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #12
earlene
Grandmother & Soaper
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2349 Times on 1177 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

For me it doesn't matter so much whether silicone lined or freezer paper lined. However, once planed and beveled, there is not much difference in how they look. Some silicone molds tend to produce a smoother, sleeker surface, but some do not and I do have some of both.