Bath Bomb recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitten

Reaction score
Bath Bomb

Bath bomb recipes are pretty basic. But here's one that will give you the ultimate relaxing experience!

2 cups baking soda
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup citric acid
1/2 cup powdered goat's milk
essential oil of your choice
3 T. dendritic salt (optional)
1-2 T. almond oil
coloring (optional)
witch hazel

Combine the dry ingredients, except the citric acid. Add a few drops of your favorite fragrance to the almond oil.

Drizzle this over the mixed dry ingredients. Then you can add the citric acid.

Mix well and spritz with the witch hazel. Let's not overdo the spritzing....you don't want to set off the citric acid. Mist the mixture, work it in with your hands, and mist some more, about 10 minutes worth, alternating between the two techniques.

When you can grab a glob in your hand and it stays together like dough, it's ready.

Pack it into molds of your choice. I use what I have on hand, sometimes Jello, candy, or soap molds, and Tupperware, just whatever is handy and yields about 2 ounces.

Let them sit in the mold about 15 minutes. They pop out easily but be gentle because they are fragile at this point. Let them *age* 12 hours to a day to get hard. Here in California it only takes a few hours because the air is so dry.

I usually sprinkle them with a very fine glitter just for some pzazz.

Wrap in tulle and tie with a rafia. I find that if my bombs are in a wrapper of some sort, it seems so much more special when I give them to friends, family, or use them myself.

Back