Your Top 5 Favorite Scents for CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticmoon

Reaction score
What are your top 5 favorite scents for CP? FO and/or EO.
Please provide name of scent and where purchased.

P.S. I'm hoping this will help me chose some to order that might become my favorites too!

Okay Currently (this might change in due course :0) )

1 Lemon Verbena by Sweetcakes
2Blueberry by Sweetcakes
3Tea Rose by The Scent Works
4Hypnotic Poison by The Scent Works
5Bay Rum by Oregan Trail

I have so many favorites that it's hard to narrow it down to just 5, but the following 5 are consistant favorites that have been well loved by me and all my testers for the past few years now:

1. Paradise from Daystar
2. Salty Sailor from Daystar
3. Green Apple from Sweet Cakes
4. Mango Tea from Sweet Cakes
5. Sugared Spruce from Wholesale Supplies Plus

IrishLass :)

Nailing down my top 5 was harder than I though.

1. Fleurs d'Oranger from Snowdrift
2. Angel Baby from Aroma Haven
3. Zino Davidoff (type) from Save on Scents
4. Ocean Rain from WSP
5. Cool Citrus Basil from CandleScience.

Aromatic Sandalwood from Southern Soapers would have been Number One on my list.....(HELP! NEED REPLACEMENT!)

And I can't do without the Lavender (Longworth) from Aroma Haven.

oh my thats difficult
1. angel- natures garden or the common scnet
2. brown sugar fig- peak
3. patchouli honey- elements
4 lemongrass eo(anywhere)
5. black canyon( peak- mens scent)

I have lots of favorites and all of them are from Sweet Cakes. Morning Marigold, True Rose, Blueberry, Peony, Aloe Vera... to name a few.

PrairieCraft said:
At least this one is fairly relevent. Sunglasses for soaping :roll:

PrairieCraft -

It's not relevant when the person posts a link to a site that sells perfumes and colognes. This is a forum for soap and body products making and mysticmoon is asking about FOs or EOs to be used in CP.

Plus this person has already posted on another discussion which could also be considered relevant but it's still spam, IMO. Notice that this person's username is the same as the website in that post.

I know I'm being a "B" but these kinds of posts tick me off. However, Dagmar's contribution to the sunglasses post (ray bans, cowboy boots, rubber gloves and bikini) could be the next soaping fashion wear. I think she just knocked Dennis off the top of the list of soapmaker fashion mavens. :lol:

my bestsellers which have become my favorites

almond cookie - scentworks
relaxation - scentworks
anything from Millcreek Soywax, they have great prices and I've loved every fo from them
eo's- orange, peppermint, lavender and clove

Hazel said:
PrairieCraft said:
At least this one is fairly relevent. Sunglasses for soaping :roll:

PrairieCraft -

It's not relevant when the person posts a link to a site that sells perfumes and colognes. This is a forum for soap and body products making and mysticmoon is asking about FOs or EOs to be used in CP.

Plus this person has already posted on another discussion which could also be considered relevant but it's still spam, IMO. Notice that this person's username is the same as the website in that post.

I know I'm being a "B" but these kinds of posts tick me off. However, Dagmar's contribution to the sunglasses post (ray bans, cowboy boots, rubber gloves and bikini) could be the next soaping fashion wear. I think she just knocked Dennis off the top of the list of soapmaker fashion mavens. :lol:

I agree - super annoying to have companies infiltrate forums just to advertise their products and services. We had a deluge of them (guess they got some kind of bot or perhaps a student ) to send message after message advertising TV series for sale on DVD... :x

I don't sell much soap yet, but my top 2 are
Black Raspberry Vanilla
Black Canyon
both from Peaks

My top 5 so far are...

Pink Sugar - Big Tree Supplies
Strawberry Musk - Big Tree Supplies
Patchouli Raspberry - Big Tree Supplies
Honey L'Occitane - Big Tree Supplies
Green Apple Explosion - Big Tree Supplies

I'm pretty sure my list of favorites will grow and change.

Cedar & Saffron - Brambleberry
Veldfire - Southern Soapers
Energy - Bramble Berry
Celestial Waters - Bramble Berry
Ylang Ylang & Bergamot EO blend - personal blend

My favorite top 5 have slightly changed.

Pink Sugar - Big Tree Supplies
Strawberry Musk - Big Tree Supplies
Spearmint, Peppermint & Lemon Eucalyptus EO's -BB - ASS
Rosemary Mint - Big Tree Supplies
Amber - BB - ASS

My all-time favorite is Coconut Lime Verbena from WSP. Unfortunately, I can't find a CLV anywhere else that smells as good.

From Elements Bath and Body:
Capri Olivo
Tuscan Herb
Mediterranean Garden Spa

From Nature's Garden:
Exotic Amazon Teakwood

BakingNana said:
Nailing down my top 5 was harder than I though.

1. Fleurs d'Oranger from Snowdrift
2. Angel Baby from Aroma Haven
3. Zino Davidoff (type) from Save on Scents
4. Ocean Rain from WSP
5. Cool Citrus Basil from CandleScience.

Aromatic Sandalwood from Southern Soapers would have been Number One on my list.....(HELP! NEED REPLACEMENT!)

And I can't do without the Lavender (Longworth) from Aroma Haven.

Southern Soapers has been bought and pre-buys are happening. I gather a half-dozen fragrances will be released at a time. The new vendor is called First Choice Fragrance Oils. You can email her with requests for FOs you'd like to see available.

Back