Some levity

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bathgeek

Reaction score
DH is still sick (he seems to have caught my sinus infection, which means he’s in for a couple more weeks of ick.) He shuffled by just now and said, “I love you and I’ll miss you when I die.” (He’s a big baby when sick. *laugh*)

I said, “No, I’ll miss you when you die. And I’ll be very sad. But then I’ll party!”

“What? Why?”

“Because I can soap in the kitchen again and you won’t be around to complain about the smell.”

“I also won’t be around to pay for the soaping,” he said.

“Oh. Darn. Guess I’ll just be sad,” I said.

Clearly he’s not sick enough, to be able to think of a comeback that fast. XD

Haha, yeah. DH is usually all “I don’t need to tell you that,” so it’s rare he says it. Always puts a giant smile on my face when he does, though!

That's funny! But at least he told you he loves you. That's always a bonus around my house!

Same with my dad. It's been almost 11 years since he actually said it to me (and I was taking a commercial flight to the far coast of the US for the first time, so he betrayed his worry). It usually comes out sounding like "Watch the deer" as one of us leaves the house. LOL

Aw Susie, lucky you. There’s nothing wrong with DH, but occasionally romantic gestures really are nice. Then again, occasionally DH just comes up and hugs or even just peeks in on me, just because, so every one has their own way.

Shunt, I love that answer, wish I’d thought of that sooner!

Back