Rainbow Meadow Blending Calculator Gone. Now what?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

draggirl

Reaction score
I used this site all the time for ideas on different scent blends. I see they've taken this part of their site down and I'm not finding anything that even begins to compare.

What are you all using as a blending calculator now?

The Rainbow Meadow calculator is sadly missed by many of us. I have searched for e.o. blends on the internet and printed out as many as I could find. I also printed out a lot of information on blending top notes, middle notes and base notes. I keep all of this info. in a special notebook. If you are trying to blend on your own, use the Q-Tip method of testing to see if the blend smells good to you.

Every time I get a new EO, I cry just a bit for I miss that Rainbow calculator. People have asked to buy this tool from them, not sure if that will ever be available, I surly would buy it. I love acquiring new blends but I am not an aromatherapist so it is difficult for me. I am kinda bumbling along here and hoping for some acceptable blends to result from my efforts.

Great! I like how she/he writes that these are some ideas to get you started, there are so many! I kept scrolling and the list kept on going, how generous! Thanks for hooking us up :D

Thanks for the link judymoody. I printed out the list and added it to my notebook.

I realize I'm years late but I'm wondering if anyone still has this list that Genny posted. The website she provided, unfortunately, is no longer active.

"SMF has a EO chart that has blending ideas for some of the EO's
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/essential-oil-chart.html"
Here is my perfume calculator:

http://serenityspagifts.com/perfume-fragrance-concentration-calculator/

What did the rainbow calculator do? I would like to have it made.

The calculator allowed you to plug in different essential oils to create a note blend/mix ratio for those oils.

For example, if you choose these oils - orange EO, frankincense EO, clove EO
then the blend/mix calculator would create something similar to this:
Orange EO 8drops, Frankincense EO 5drops, Clove EO 3drops

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, the OP, Judy, Genny, Brandi, and the others who posted to this thread haven't been active on the forum for quite awhile now.

I just clicked on the link that Genny gave, though, and it still works for me- the EO chart pops right up, and if I click on the "Aromatherapy-at-home" link at the bottom of the chart, that works for me as well.

Also- Brandi's link to her perfume calculator is still functioning for me, too.

Judy's, on the other hand, is a dead link.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back