How to anchor certain eo's?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've given up on Lemon EO, in favor of Litsea. It's so lemony wonderful, and does't need anything else to hold it.

Grapefruit sticks well with Bergamot.
I've had good luck with Lime combined with Bay.

Orange EO does have staying power when mixed with a middle or base note EO like ylang ylang or litsea.

I have an HP soap that I scented with WSP's Natural Energizing Blend (sweet orange & ginger) that still smells good after 5 months. However, I did use 1 oz ppo.

I used ordinary Orange EO in my first ever batch with a little bit of orris root and lavender, it's still there! Very gentle fragrance at 3% and people love it. Sometimes, people want gentle soaps.

I'm going to try May Chang for the first time, maybe tonight, with some orange and maybe lime??? I'm not sure of the blend yet but I want to put a little base note there too and use kaolin instead! I wan't a citrus soap becuase I'm being pleaded to make one!

I'm getting into blending because it really helps tame those EO's rather than just plonking in 2 EOs and hoping for the best. I suppose as a newbie for me it's a good idea to try simple first then build up on experience. So I would like to encourage the blending thing out there in this mysterious journey of EOs! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back