I hate you Geranium Rose EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpstephy85

Reaction score
Why do you have to be such a fool and rice and accelerate like it's going out of style?? :( Here is hoping a good gel will settle this out a little. This is my first run with my private label so back to the drawing board for a rose scent because I am not using that again!! (For the record I was expecting acceleration but not as quick as I was moving). ImageUploadedBySoap Making1425346552.335331.jpg

Wah I'm so sorry that happened :(. I bet it smells pretty good though yeah?

At least you got it into the mold it still looks very salvageable.

Oh man! I just hate when that happens!!!:mad: I had a batch do the same thing when I tried to outsmart clove EO. Hopefully you can make whatever decorative changes you want during gel. Dorymae once suggested to leave it in the bowl until gel then pour into the mold. I haven't tried that yet because I still try to stay ahead in the race, lol. I feel your pain and hope it works out for you!

That is a bummer. I am assuming it is the Geranium Rose from Soapmaking Resource, if so it is not pure eo. My Rose Geranium EO does not mis-behave at all, but is difinetly more costly than the geranium rose blend. When I have a batch that accelerates and / or rices a put a lid on the bucket and walk away. After it goes into gel, I stick blend it if it has riced to get it back together and pour quickly in the mold.

That sucks! Is it rose geranium Essential oil or is it a fragrance oil? I've never seen rose geranium essential oil do that.

Yeah my geranium rose from SMR accelerated like crazy - check out what was supposed to be a funnel pour, but I just ended up glopping / pounding it into the mold.
Smells nice though :p

attachment.php

That is a bummer. I am assuming it is the Geranium Rose from Soapmaking Resource, if so it is not pure eo. My Rose Geranium EO does not mis-behave at all, but is difinetly more costly than the geranium rose blend. When I have a batch that accelerates and / or rices a put a lid on the bucket and walk away. After it goes into gel, I stick blend it if it has riced to get it back together and pour quickly in the mold.

Yes, it was SMR Geranium Rose. I was aware because of their description on their site it wasn't pure grade but was not aware of the craziness it would bring. Have to learn one way or another! Where do you source yours?

Well it wasn't all for not as they turned out not completely wretched. First photo was the first batch and second photo is the one I originally posted but cut. These are all goats milk soaps and the second one must have heated up a touch more than the first because it was more yellow but at least not overheated and burnt. As it gets warmer in my basement I know I am going to have to stick these in the freezer! Oh, and don't mind the tops on the second as I will be planing those off. The soap was so thick molding it yesterday that I couldn't get a smoother top!ImageUploadedBySoap Making1425426093.934477.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1425426105.030860.jpg

Glad it wasn't a total loss, although if the private label is expecting soap like the first I wouldn't give them the second. However at least the soap came out decently and could be sale able in another venue.

Glad it wasn't a total loss, although if the private label is expecting soap like the first I wouldn't give them the second. However at least the soap came out decently and could be sale able in another venue.

Thanks. Thankfully the place I am making it for has given me full creative freedom. Once I plane the tops of the second they should be fine (if that is what you are referring to...).

I think the soap came out really nice in the end. Love how you named this thread :)

Back