Face lotion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couch0

Reaction score
Hello I'm ordered retinol and have a few other good skin ingredients and would like to try a face lotion. Any pointers or recipes would be appreciated. [emoji2]

I'm going to suggest you go to swifty's blog. She has a lot of good information there for formulating lotions.

I believe most of us here stick to basic emulsions, perhaps with a little propylene glycol, silk proteins, and ewax. However I have not seen anyone discuss using retinol. ( that doesn't mean no one does, but I haven't seen it. )

Anyway check out her blog:

http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/2009/04/lotion-speciality-ingredients.html

This is a link to some ingredients she discusses, but you can do a search on anything you want.

I agree with the others, Susan has a great blog, with lots of information and formulas.

Boy she sure does have a lot of information! I've got a face lotion recipe and a conditioner recipe I'm excited to try

The Dish Forum also has a large amount of very knowledgeable members when it comes to lotions. More lotion geared than soapmaking. Word of advice Do Not ask for a recipe over there, but do a lot of reading and maybe ask for recommendations. Besides Susan form Swift Crafty there is another member with extreme knowledge in making lotions.

OK thanks! Yeah I got percentages from the other site so I can make my own recipes. It's good bc now I can add or substitute ingredients. My girls and I are making a bath body candle baskets for Christmas gifts. Always fun

Back