What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look what i got in the post today! Very cute little fat hearts :)
Photo on 9-07-19 at 7.17 PM.jpg

Aw, so sorry to hear that. Yes, we had hail. 20 minutes. Marble-size. Guy coming tomorrow to check roof but I think everything is A OK. Lots of leaves from all our trees on the ground. Weird weather.

We are having SUCH a weird summer here in Montana...don't think we have even gotten past upper 70's and terrible rain and thunderstorms every single day.
I am thinking weird summer is wide spread.
o_O (hopefully that's a good emoji. I don't have my glasses on and can't see)

Made a soap this afternoon with colors inspired by an ad I got on my Facebook feed one day. Scented in patchouli with benzoin resin for a vanilla-ish note (didn't want to have any discoloration from the FOs I have). I'm happy with it! Did a wall pour tiger stripe, and I'm really excited to see the cut tomorrow :)

70s Soap Inspo.jpg
70s Soap.jpg

Made a soap this afternoon with colors inspired by an ad I got on my Facebook feed one day. Scented in patchouli with benzoin resin for a vanilla-ish note (didn't want to have any discoloration from the FOs I have). I'm happy with it! Did a wall pour tiger stripe, and I'm really excited to see the cut tomorrow :)

View attachment 40192 View attachment 40193

That looks very exciting!!! Please make sure to post after cut pictures!! I so love seeing people's soap pics!!
:dance:

I read that our farmers could not get their corn planted because the ground was mud. Kinda terrifying.

Wow, I read you can brush your teeth with soap. :rolling: I didn't know such a thing was possible so I did it. Yes, I brushed my teeth with my castile soap. It had no taste. Of course, I going to do more research but I really like the thought of it. Yes, I already read the post about it in the forum, just in case anyone was wondering.

I am making a soap Im going to call Skol... for folks in my neck of the woods you know thats purple gold and white lol. Its in the mold. Im not crazy about the top but am hopeful for the inside.

Any other HP soap makers sweating to death while they soap?

View attachment 40192 View attachment 40193
This looks lovely! I was looking at benzoin resin the other day - how does one soap with it?

View attachment 40197 Got our new license plate today.
Very clean!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I read you can brush your teeth with soap.
Yes! As a matter of fact, when tooth soap was all the rage several years ago, soapers with periodontal disease reported that they didn't need to see the dentist as often. I still brush with my homemade foamer soap. Of course, that's not the same as a proper "tooth soap", but it works for me. ;)

This looks lovely! I was looking at benzoin resin the other day - how does one soap with it?
Add it just like any other FO/EO! I used it at 1% and then patchouli at 2%. I really like the scent it created - not super vanilla-like as you would expect from true vanilla, but a nice deep resinous note that mixes really well with the patchouli. Mine is thick but pourable, and if it got cold you could warm it in a glass of warm water before using it.

Here's the cut of That 70s Soap!!

70s Soap Side.jpg
70s Soap Cut.jpg

Add it just like any other FO/EO! I used it at 1% and then patchouli at 2%. I really like the scent it created - not super vanilla-like as you would expect from true vanilla, but a nice deep resinous note that mixes really well with the patchouli. Mine is thick but pourable, and if it got cold you could warm it in a glass of warm water before using it.

Here's the cut of That 70s Soap!!

View attachment 40204 View attachment 40205
LOVE!! Colours are beautiful!
But - my resin comes in little chunks so do i melt it or something?

My new little fat heart moulds are CPOPping in the oven as we speak - yummy fragrance called 'Kowhai' which is a flower native to NZ. It doesn't smell like kowhai though - here's the description:
Kowhai Fragrance Oil Notes
Top Notes: Orange zest, lemongrass, citron
Mid Notes: Neroli, cinnamon leaf, ylang ylang
Dry Notes: Sandal, amber, white cedar, patchouli

Last edited by a moderator:
Too True. I live next door to the bar the people in my tiny town watch the games at. Im only 6 miles from the river and the border to my Home State. You couldnt pay me enough to make a green and gold soap.

I know two couples in mn that actually make outfits for their kids that are half the right team and half the wrong team :) I am not a big football fan so it doesn't bother me but it does other people haha

I tipped out my molds and have my soap in a curing box now. I put the excess into a small mold to make, "tastes" of the soap, so my customers can try out a new soap.

Attachments

• 20190709_151341.jpg
    20190709_151341.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190626_212455.jpg
    20190626_212455.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20190709_151354.jpg
    20190709_151354.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back