Vanilla Stabilizer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
When do I add vanilla stabilizer? Do I add it to the lye, (I wouldn't think so) the oils before emuslification or after, or do I mix it with the fo itself and add it then?

I've never used it before, because until now, I never really cared. But I got some to try it out - and I have a plan for a pink sugar soap and I know the PS I have will brown.
Any help will be appreciated -

TIA
-J

Where did you buy it and didn't it come with instructions? If it was WSP I believe you add either equal amounts of stabilizer to fo/eo or 2:1. You let is sit for a couple minutes after mixing thoroughly and then add to either your warm oils or to your mixture.

scouter139 said:
Where did you buy it and didn't it come with instructions? If it was WSP I believe you add either equal amounts of stabilizer to fo/eo or 2:1. You let is sit for a couple minutes after mixing thoroughly and then add to either your warm oils or to your mixture.
No instructions and nothing on the website. - That's why I asked here, I've just never used it before...
All it says on the bottle itself is 1oz to 1oz...

I always weigh my fragrance out before I start soaping just so I know I have it ready when I need it, so it'll be good and mixed and sat there for a while. Fragrance is always added last if I'm not doing a swirl, and with this particular soap I'm planning, I'm not, so I'll mix the stablizer in with the FO and add it at trace right before I mold the soap.

Thanks!

If it came from Wholesale Supplies Plus, then mix one part stabilizer to 2 parts FO - 1:1 for FO's with 10% or more vanilla and stir for 2 minutes. Add at trace - mix this up just before you need it....well within 15 minutes.

Make sure you have adequate ventilation...it is quite potent

carebear said:
what web site? where did you get it? it matters.
Umm apparently I am both blind and not so smart. LOL
It WAS on the website (Bitter Creek btw) AND right on the friggin' bottle as well!!
I really don't know what I was thinking.
But I appreciate all the help..
thank you..

Thank you everyone.
I figured it out. Yeah, by reading. LOL

I just posted pics of the final product (well, the soap in the molds) in the Photo Gallery.

Latest posts

Back