silicone molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try your local craft stores, or even bakery stores! ive got my best silicone's at cooking stores, even target and walmart have silicone stuff in the cooking sections, especially for the holidays. and also try any wedding depts. in craft stores.

I have some WSP silicone molds and some Wilton silicone pans for individual soaps. Both work great. The floral Wilton molds are great for spring. Pour soap at thin trace to get good detail and a smooth top.

Yes, I've heard Richard's run about $17 including shipping. I am thinking about ordering some from him.

WSP's price goes down to $15 each if you buy five or more.

I bought a Silicone Solutions lasagna pan which I thought would work well but it didn't have straight sides. That's the challenge if you buy something that is designed for cooking instead of soaping.

If you find an alternative, let us know. Good luck to you!

judymoody said:
Yes, I've heard Richard's run about $17 including shipping. I am thinking about ordering some from him.

I bought a Silicone Solutions lasagna pan which I thought would work well but it didn't have straight sides. That's the challenge if you buy something that is designed for cooking instead of soaping.

How does the price go down to $15? If that is true I'll consider buying more...!

I looked at richards, 10$ shipping per mold! they are 12$ each, if it was 10$ for 2 I would do it.

i've been lucky enough to find a couple at local thrift stores. michaels has brownie bites and themed silicone molds far cheaper than wsp, and wal-mart superstores often have them marked half price after the holidays. i wish i could find a loaf mold that's longer than 8 inches at a decent price -- the wsp prices made me gasp...

honor435 said:
I looked at richards, 10$ shipping per mold! they are 12$ each, if it was 10$ for 2 I would do it.

Him, I thought he posted somewhere that shipping is $5.00 per mold. I would email him...he responds.

tasha said:
judymoody said:

How does the price go down to $15? If that is true I'll consider buying more...!

I'll have to check out Richards - WSP price goes down if you buy 5 of the same item. So unless you have someone to split the cost with, that is a lot of molds.

A note for Canadians on WSP shipping!! Don't do it!

I ordered silicone molds from them and since they charged $20+ for shipping and didn't state additional charges would be charged by their shipper I assumed that was the total cost. I have ordered loads of other stuff from the US and if there will be additonal charges cod from their shipper they always say so. Plus $20 is a good chunk of change for shipping something so lightweight.

So UPS comes to my door and they want another $42! No duty on the package, taxes were about $8. They were charging $30+ for brokerage!!!So I called WPS to find out what I was paying them $20 for. Because $62 seems an awful lot to pay UPS to ship a small, lightweight package worth $70. To make a long story short they were initially rude and unhelpful but finally agreed to give me 25% off my order - $18. They say they are doing this on all Canadian orders now. I told them they should post the additional costs info on their webpage for Canadian customers and should give a shipping option for USPS who doesn't charge anything near what UPS charges. They declined to do either.

The morale of this story is if you're in Canada, I would look elsewhere for supplies and try to get them shipped via USPS. UPS is a total rip-off.

Yea, if you are in Canada and ordering from the US - ask for shipping via USPS (US Postal Service) or expect an additional and rather large surcharge.

It's not just WPS, it's UPS and Fed Ex.

The money doesn't go to the seller, it's the shipping company - don't blame WPS. They post the shipping method, and it would be nice if they state there could be a surcharge/broker fee but since they won't necessarily know what the amount is, it's really not their responsibility.

As for USPS.

***\

I'm confused - WPS's site says they ship only to the US. How long ago did this all happen?

It just happened last week... if you go to checkout they give you a shipping option for Canada. I was actually going to order to a US address and then saw the Canada shipping option so had it shipped to home.

As I said I have done a lot of shipping to Canada and this was not a great experience. If WSP had stated clearly on their site that additional charges would be incurred I'd have known their shipper was going to charge me some astronomical brokerage fee and I would have had the order shipped to a US address or not ordered from them at all. Just a simple lack of info but it led to a nasty suprise...

Cudos to WSP though for offering a 25% discount to offset the shipping/ brokerage charges. It took the sting out a little. Apparently they will give this on all Canadian orders but you have to ask for it!

Latest posts

Back