Melt & Pour Soap...how should it melt?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapetite66

Reaction score
Hi:

I have a question.

When you melt your melt & pour soap should it be like a liquid or should it be thick? I ask because I was watching a video on youtube.com and the woman's melted MP soap was really thin like milk. However, when I melted my MP base it was still kind of thick and I had quite a time pouring it into the mold, I actually had to use a spoon to scoop it into the mold because of that.

So, should I microwave it longer until it's more liquid like?

You didn't microwave it long enough,it should be quite easy to pour.The only time l would have a thick mix is if l was adding something like oatmeal and l wanted it to suspend in the base but never so thick that l had to spoon it into the mold.

pops1 said:
You didn't microwave it long enough,it should be quite easy to pour.The only time l would have a thick mix is if l was adding something like oatmeal and l wanted it to suspend in the base but never so thick that l had to spoon it into the mold.

Pops1:

Thank you for your response.

The batch I'm referring to is my second batch/effort and I had a feeling that it wasn't as thin as it should be:?... on the other hand I just so happy to at least to have done it half right after ruining my first batch by adding water to it. :oops:

Third time is the charm as they say and I WON'T add water and I WILL microwave it a little longer. :)

LOL Tab!

But be careful to heat it GENTLY. I've made non-lathering rubber soap before when I wasn't paying attention. Seems there's no mistake I HAVEN'T made LOL.

Ha! the first time I made MP I burned it to the sides of the glass bowl.
If 1 is good, 10 must be better.

Back