Toxic Avenger

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumabrew

Reaction score
An attempt to try and salvage a bad soaping day. I used a new FO today. It turns out it accelerates trace really fast. Unfortunately, I was doing a design that needs plenty of time to work with. So, this is what I got. A toxic puddle appearing soap.

20170919_194309.jpg

Mixing your batter, turning around to grab your mold, pick up the first color and pour to only have a solid chunk fall out is a little disheartening. Glop it into the mold then use a stick to attempt some swirl. Hope and pray....

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt! Sometimes when you cut it, it's a happy surprise! I hope that is the case for you :) Post us some pictures of the cut!

An attempt to try and salvage a bad soaping day. I used a new FO today. It turns out it accelerates trace really fast. Unfortunately, I was doing a design that needs plenty of time to work with. So, this is what I got. A toxic puddle appearing soap.

Sorry to hear that. I think we've all done something like that to some degree or another.

But I can't help noticing your screen name, along with the Toxic Avenger thread title. Are you remembering the Troma movies from the 80's? :mrgreen:

You did the technique I like to call "The Plop and Pray" method. LOL

Everyone is right though, it looks great for Halloween. I would even keep the name "Toxic Avenger" and sell or give it away with that name. (assuming it turns out not lye heavy or separates - some of my instasieze soaps separate, and are just ... not good! LOL)

And if nothing else, there's always the rebatch option.

Here is the results. For some reason, my wire cutter left those circular lines on the soap.

As for my forum name, it is a combination of my career and one of my hobbies. When i was in high school, I managed a comic book shop and used to read the toxic avenger.

20170920_090934 (1).jpg

Love the cut!!

Those are drag marks, but not sure what's causing them. Did you have botanicals on the top of your soap, or were the wires not clean? I get them when I don't wipe the soap residue off my single bar cutter after every cut.

I clean the wires right before I cut the soap. Dont know why I got the drag marks. But I have a soap shaver and will plane them down smooth once they are a bit harder. Learned the hard way, trying to shave or angle the edges of fresh soap creates a giant mess.

I wasnt expecting these results myself and was quite surprised. I hope no one asks me to recreate this batch

I clean the wires right before I cut the soap. Dont know why I got the drag marks. But I have a soap shaver and will plane them down smooth once they are a bit harder. Learned the hard way, trying to shave or angle the edges of fresh soap creates a giant mess.

I wasnt expecting these results myself and was quite surprised. I hope no one asks me to recreate this batch

Call it a "limited edition" and tell them once they are gone, they are gone...

I wasn't expecting the stark white after seeing the top of the soap, but they really do look great.

The drag marks might be because the soap is so fresh? IDK.. I usually have to wait at least 24-36 hours before cutting my soap or they are just too soft.

Hey Traumabrew - I have to say... I wasn't expecting much from your first pic, but I'm shocked at how well your soap turned out! It's looks really good.

That soap looks great. The drag marks are easily taken care of with a planer. I get impatient when cutting, and get them all the time. Truly it turned into a happy accident.

Back