Holiday Soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAStewart

Reaction score
I know it's still a little early in the year, but what kind of soaps do you enjoy making for the holidays? I'm looking to get a start on making soap for the season's craft shows and I need a little inspiration!

I'm also starting to form my plans for this year.

I'd like to do a candy cane soap this year, a red and white swirl would look quite striking. Maybe with a piped white top and shimmery white mica. Scented with a sweet peppermint FO.

I'll probably do a "Lump of Coal" soap, black soap with activated charcoal. Not sure on the scent yet, perhaps something smoky and masculine.

Are you going to make them the shape of a lump of coal? I was daydreaming of doing one with a rope for the guys in the family. I just need to figure out how. I may make some soap dough and form it around some soap in a lumpy shape. I have been requested to do a soap with AC, so I was hoping to make one batch and use for both purposes.

Are you going to make them the shape of a lump of coal? I was daydreaming of doing one with a rope for the guys in the family. I just need to figure out how. I may make some soap dough and form it around some soap in a lumpy shape. I have been requested to do a soap with AC, so I was hoping to make one batch and use for both purposes.

I think I may use my cavity molds, then cover with plastic wrap to prevent too much hardening overnight, then take them each out and mush them into coal shapes. Then they'll all be the same size, which would be handy.

Rope is a good idea!

I'm also starting to form my plans for this year.

I'd like to do a candy cane soap this year, a red and white swirl would look quite striking. Maybe with a piped white top and shimmery white mica. Scented with a sweet peppermint FO.

I'll probably do a "Lump of Coal" soap, black soap with activated charcoal. Not sure on the scent yet, perhaps somethicoal. ng smoky and masculine.
Do you have a Sweet Peppermint FO that does no discolor? I would love to find one that does not discolor in order to make a candy stripe soap. My lumps of coal, that were poured in a mold never sold well. My daughters m&p lumps of coal sold in a muslin bag sold well. I think it was because they were shiny and different shapes. If I remember she pured them in a slab mold and cut then in different shapes. I am thinking of doing that this year with my cp since she no longer does her soaps. We always used minty in the Lumps of

Do you have a Sweet Peppermint FO that does no discolor? I would love to find one that does not discolor in order to make a candy stripe soap. My lumps of coal, that were poured in a mold never sold well. My daughters m&p lumps of coal sold in a muslin bag sold well. I think it was because they were shiny and different shapes. If I remember she pured them in a slab mold and cut then in different shapes. I am thinking of doing that this year with my cp since she no longer does her soaps. We always used minty in the Lumps of

I think I'll try one of these two:

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/peppermint-candy-fragrance-oil.aspx

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/peppermint-stick-fragrance-oil.aspx

Last edited:
Toxikon, I used Peppermint Stick last year in M&P soap. It doesn't discolor, and sold pretty well! I personally like the scent, so the last bar from last year is now my personal bar =)

I make one modeled after gingerbread cookies with cinnamon, clove, and ginger EO and molasses. :)

I like the gingerbread fragrance from WSP. I've got a bottle from a couple of years ago that still smells yummy. The gingerbread scent has morphed into a cinnamon spice scent but I plan on buying a new bottle for this year's Christmas soaps.

I've already finished white and blues marbled soap with a mix of christmas spice and apple & cinnamon fo, brown layered one with choc and whiskey fo and black with white swirl with star anise eo i look forward to christmas + had an idea to hand it out as a promo

I did a peppermint soap with red and white swirls last year that turned out really good, and an eggnog with a cinnamon pencil line. I am not that great at piping, so I have been practicing because I want to do some really tall cupcakes this year decorated to look like a trimmed Christmas tree, with a gold star on top. :)

I did a peppermint soap with red and white swirls last year that turned out really good, and an eggnog with a cinnamon pencil line. I am not that great at piping, so I have been practicing because I want to do some really tall cupcakes this year decorated to look like a trimmed Christmas tree, with a gold star on top. :)
Ooo, eggnog sounds good! Can you recommend an eggnog FO?

I am late to the party, but I soaped with NG winter garden, and I loved it! Smells so jabony!

I also like their elf sweat. Kind of smells like Christmas candy.

Latest posts

Back