Greetings

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarenDK

Reaction score
Hi
I thought it about time, that i join the community and introduced myself. I am a relatively new soapmaker.
I have been soaping since the beginning of this summer, and I have been lurking on this forum almost as long. Thank you for all the help I have recieved this way.
I have made some (10+) bathches of soap, and some of them have cured long enough for me and my family to start enjoying them.
I think I have been bit by the soapbug. I still enjoy making soap and educating myself about soapmaking very much. I am curious, and look foreward to learning a lot more from and with you all.
I am from Denmark, so I am not a native english speaker. Please forgive my mistakes.

Welcome Karen! Your english is perfect. I'm amazed by everyone here who has to communicate in a second language. I love this international soaping community :)

Thank you for al your welcomes.
I think I am starting to suspect an adiction. I just spend my sunday melting and clearing 6 kg of leaf lard from organic free range pigs. Lard, that i had spend the saturday picking up on a farm. A cuple of months ago, I did not know, that leaf lard was even a thing.

I just spend my sunday melting and clearing 6 kg of leaf lard from organic free range pigs. Lard, that i had spend the saturday picking up on a farm. A cuple of months ago, I did not know, that leaf lard was even a thing.
Howdy from Colorado, USA, and Welcome, Karen!

Ooo, leaf lard!!! Lucky you! I'm so jealous, absolutely green with envy. :mrgreen: I have it on my bucket list -- you know, that list of things you want to do before you die? -- to make soap with leaf lard. It's so very expensive here, even IF you can find it. I have a feeling you're going to fit right in here... we have many "lardinators".
ENJOY!​

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the group! Glad to have you here. I am new to the forum too, and like you, English is not my first language either. So don't worry! Unlike you, I have not made any soaps yet (still reading). Hope to see photos of your beautiful soaps!

Welcome

Hi KarenDK,
I am a new as well, and your right, there is so much great information here, how could we ever mess up.
I have not made any soap at all, but I am slowly getting tools and information and almost ready. I will post the results of my first batch when it's done.
I hope to make enough for Christmas presents this year and then keep the family in soap for a long time.

Back