Lush

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mayren said:
I also agree that most of their shampoos strip your hair.

no more, no less than maybe Pantene, do you think? or other regular shampoos from the store, Herbal Essences?

I definitely find the one I got 'The Blonde' stripped wayyyyyy more than store bought. I had to double condition.
The DaddyO purple toner shampoo....same thing.

agriffin said:
tasha said:
Hey Amanda......................... :D Make me some BIG shampoo ?!?!?!!!!! (then scent it with vanilla chai and charge me 1/2 the price!!! LOL)

I may have to look into making something like this myself. :shock: I'm getting there....!

Wow, that's interesting. So it's a shampoo salt scrub for your hair. Yikes! That's expensive! $22.95 for 11.6 oz. And I bet 50% is salt!

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride),Sodium Laureth Sulfate,Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum),Fresh Sea Water (Aqua),Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus),Cocamide DEA,Lauryl Betaine,Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia),Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera),Neroli Oil (Citrus amara),Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis),Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia),Orris Absolute (Iris florentina),*Limonene,*Linalool,*Benzyl Benzoate,Coumarin,Perfume.

You should try and make it! Crap! Now I want to try and make something like it.

I really like BIG shampoo, but it doesn't lather spectacularly.

I loved their Karma Komba solid shampoo but they recently changed their formulas and I haven't tried the reformulated one.

Well I went in today. I didn't get anything. It actually smelled pretty good...not as over powering as I thought it would be. It was a pretty small store.

2 things really irritated me.

It was NASTY! All of the wooden product displays had stuff caked up, gloppy goop glopped everywhere. There where alot of open things for testing that were cakey and nasty looking. Lol, there was a kid poking his fingers in some face mask display thing.

And...the girl kept following me around asking me if I needed help. I kept telling her I'm fine...just browsing. Then she came back up to me and asked me if I've been there before. I said no, but was familiar with their products from looking online. She seriously came up to me no less than 5 times.

Anywho...still want to try some stuff. Maybe I'll order online.

I love the smell of the Strawberry massage bars too. forgot about that.

I love the smell of Karma....and the bath bombs give me great ideas! But way too spendy when I know I can make a reasonable facsimile for less than half.

Agriffin - have to say the whole handy hands on thing was a bit too much for me too. I think they need to have a sample/tester out for each product & the rest set back or something. I know myself I picked up & sniffed just about every single line they had.....hmmmmm..... imagine how many people do. The soaps I purchased were fresh cut from the log.....I asked for fresh cut....LOL.

My Shimmy Shimmy bar was 'old'. It had a strange smell to it....old smell. Wasn't happy bout that one bit.

The kids have been into the comforter bar & its pretty good. I cannot get my solid bubble bars to bubble like that. The slsa clearly doesn't sud as good as sls.

Latest posts

Back