10 things your dog wants you to know

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariflo

Reaction score
I just came across this and reading it made me cry.

10 things your dog wants you to know:

1. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

2. Place your trust in me. It's crucial to my well-being.

3. Be aware that however you treat me I'll never forget it.

4. Before you scold me for being lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Remember before you hit me, I have teeth that could hurt you, but that I choose not to bite you.

7. Take care of me when I get old. You'll be old one day too.

8. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I have only you.

9. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful for me.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember I love you . . .

So sweet. We have an elderly doggie now and it's been a little difficult adjusting to this new way of being. Numbers 5 and 7 are good reminders not to ignore her just because she wants to be in bed all the time. We are used to her bringing the affection to us, I guess now we should be taking it to her.

awwwww I miss my doggie :(

I cant wait to see him in NY when I visit my mom again ...

props for posting that :)

I talk to my dogs all the time. Everyone makes fun of me but I don't care! They hear me and listen better than some people do. Their ears perk up and they know when I'm talking to them!
I love my dogs.

:cry: i am actually crying. thanks so much. my dogs are my very best friends. i love them so very much.

maya said:
:cry: i am actually crying. thanks so much. my dogs are my very best friends. i love them so very much.

right there with ya .... it got a lil ::dusty in here:: when i read it :)

missin my pooch so bad in NY I get to see him in a month!!!

It sucks cause every time I see him, its like I have to say goodbye like its the last time im ever going to see him again so it breaks my heart leaving him every time I go up there :( .... rex the wonder dog

I read that with our golden retriever lying in his customary spot with his head on my feet and yeah, I'll readily admit it, I teared up and had to wake him up to give him a hug. Thanks for posting this, it's very sweet!

Latest posts

Back