Rough bath bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiddenhoodoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to bath bomb making and the forum.

Although I am loving the whole bath bomb making thing, I notice that my bombs go from smooth and pretty (and sticky) too rough and big-pored (couldn’t find a better description) when they dry.

Has anyone had the same problem? If so, how can that be fixed?

I am attaching a couple of photos. The first was right after I took it out of the mould and the second one about 4 hours later.

Thanks in advance,

HH

F77F00BD-8DF5-4AAE-BB2D-F2310BBC7968.jpg

12A362E0-9046-4F8E-B2D4-F77DFFA4D4FB.jpg

What is your recipe and method?

It looks like there is too much water, a recipe will help us figure out how much you should decrease the moisture

Your bath bombs may be drawing moisture from the atmosphere. Your recipe would help us troubleshoot.

Thanks, everyone.

This is my recipe:
1 cup bi carb
1/2 citric acid
2 teaspoons carrier/essential oil
10-20 drops fragrance oil
15 sprays of water

Should I decrease the number of sprays?

Thanks again,

HH

Oh, I didn’t know that.

I used rose water before and was planning on using orange water for another recipe but I am guessing they are both out of the question.

I don’t know how witch hazel smells but with alcohol, will the smell be obvious or will the oils cover it?

Never heard of using melted cocoa butter but will keep in mind. However that plus the oils, won’t make the bombs quite oily?

HH

Maybe you should wrap them in plastic right away or put them in a glass airtight container or something like that.

Maybe you should wrap them in plastic right away or put them in a glass airtight container or something like that.

I would not put a product containing both CA and BS in any sealed glass. If there is water, and it begins to react, it will have nowhere to go and can shatter the glass...

Latest posts

Back