Label Printer?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lnzy1

Reaction score
Is it worth buying a printer that was designed to print just product labels or is a normal printer just as effective? I've looked at printing services, but I'm unsure. For my old labels I used Avery labels and after redesigning them, I'm ready to graduate into a more specialized label format. I'm wanting to make clear labels for my lotions, scrubs, and such. However, I have had no luck in printing off my HP deskjet. Do I need a laser printer for clear labels? Are there custom printing services that are a better way to go?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Here's my lotion label (2"X4")...just because I'm so darn proud of it. :)

small ed labe.jpg

Where your clear label sheets designed for an inkjet printer? Or did they not pull right through it? I have not used my HP printer for many clear labels but have done some and didn't have a problem with either printing or pulling. Avery makes clear labels designed for the HP Deskjets and other inkjet printers. But you have to make sure you get the ones designed for inkjet printing.

I have a Primera label printer that I have more of a hate relationship with other than love. If doing short runs of labels it can be handy but not cheap the cartridges are expensive and the label stock is very expensive, but nice when the printer does what it is supposed to. My laser printer works wonderful for labels but I can only use avery label stock because of heat issues. I used to buy a very nice waterproof labels from Labels by the Sheet, but their labels now melt on my fuser drum. :sad: Yes, the temp on my printer is as low as I can make it for the labels and they melt. If you go with a laser check on what the temp is of the printer and check with the label supplier to see if their labels can take the heat. I have found no solution that takes the place of outsoursing labels for quality. We outsource labels for our lotions , scrubs etc and just make a small label for fragrance. Good luck with your label venture!

I have an Epson printer that is the most amazing thing in the world! Prints labels beautiful, you can get clear labels that are made that are not made for laser.

What kind of Epsom do you have that prints labels. Has anyone bought an art program that they like.

Back