2013 Regulation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Araseth

Reaction score
I've just bought my safety assessment to get ready to sell and have been reading up on the changes that will happen in 2013. I was thinking it only effects us in the EU. When reading this though it mentions the US at the bottom.

http://www.insidecosmeceuticals.com/art ... osmet.aspx

Both U.S.-based and European-based companies are required to designate a responsible person; however, if your company is based in the United States, your responsible person has to be located in Europe.

Am I right in thinking if you're in the US and want to sell over here, you're going to need someone based in europe to help you? If so I'm curious how you're all thinking of going about it. What are your opinions, do you think you'll stop selling to EU or maybe it won't be a problem at all?

Also I may be wrong and not understand all the lingo, is this something that already happens? Or have I got really mixed up and don't know what I'm talking about? I really haven't read much on selling soap in the EU from the US, I just concentrated on what I will have to do but now I'm quite curious :?:

From my understanding if we want to wholesale into the EU then the company we are selling to must obtain the SA, but if people are placing their orders through our websites or Etsy then we don't have to comply with the EU regs.

Back