What kind of printer do you use for your labels??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapsugoii

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to buy a printer for making my own labels. Well, correction - my boyfriend wants to buy me one for Christmas. So, I'm looking for a reasonably priced (but not cheap, teehee) printer that can make professional quality labels. I'm assuming any decent photo printer would do the job? I'm asking on the off-chance that someone knows of a different type of personal home printer that is a better bet, or somesuch.

Thanks!

I have a Brother color laser & use gloss laser lightweight card. Takes alot to move that print. I have to wet & rub rub rub (hard) to make it move.
Love my laser as much as my tank. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the responses :) I talked with him about it today and he poopoo'd the laser printer idea a bit.

Can I ask why lasers are better than other desktop printers?

edit: Meaning to say HE poopoo'd it, but I, however, think it's more logical to go higher quality from the get-go rather than have to replace a printer a year or two down the road due to poor quality prints.

Soapsugoii said:
Thanks for the responses :) I talked with him about it today and he poopoo'd the laser printer idea a bit.

Can I ask why lasers are better than other desktop printers?

edit: Meaning to say HE poopoo'd it, but I, however, think it's more logical to go higher quality from the get-go rather than have to replace a printer a year or two down the road due to poor quality prints.
Lasers embed the color into the paper with heat. Ink jet printers just print on the surface.

I have a Samsung Colour Laser....

The other thing with an inkjet is that it is just ink so it runs where laser use a dry toner which is why it's burned into the paper. They're also less expensive to use than an inkjet per page......

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Konica Minolta Color Laser! So worth it. Way cheaper to operate then an inkjet and if the label gets wet the toner wont run like an inkjet will

Latest posts

Back