Excited!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslavey

Reaction score
So I've recently made a few batches of CP soap for the first time. I had collected a ton of supplies for making it. But then today while I was going through my supplies, I realized the shea butter I bought is actually for MP and I couldn't be happier. I had bought some dyes at the very beginning that turned out to be unsuitable for CP soap, so now I'm really hyped because I actually have a use for them without having to go to the store again!

I have 2lbs of MP shea butter, 3 pastel dyes and I bought 5 new FO's today so I'm excited to get cracking and test these out. I've gotten some really neat ideas I want to play around with, so wish me luck :)

Nevermind, That went horribly. I'll give it one more try, but if that doesn't work I'm going to stick with CP.

Disregard the above post. I freaked out because I had thought M&P soap bases were much like chocolate, in that once it clumps up after heating, it's ruined. I took a deep breath after a quick google search, salvaged the previously melted soap from the garbage (lucky for me it was a brand new trash bag) and gave it another shot.

I've definitely learned my lesson..

I also started with CP, then tried MP. I like to try out my soap design ideas with MP.

I went the other way around. MP was my baby and then i finally got up the courage (lye is scary) to try CP.
I love 'em both, but they're like apples and oranges!

I really enjoy both.. I like MP because it's so easy and has instant gratification, but I like CP because I can be creative with the soap properties and the possibilities seem endless. I picked up some more MP base from the local craft store (horribly overpriced) because I'm dying to do some more MP work tonight and really get creative with designs

Is it she butter that you are adding to your M&P base or is it base that already has shea in it? I don't understand.

The base already has shea butter in it. This is what I used:

SP900.jpg

I bought a a couple more blocks of MP base made by this company. So far so good, except with the aloe vera soap base, as bars I made are feeling a bit slimy

We have customers who actually manage to make M&P look like CP...pretty impressive! I guess when you know what you're doing, you can do anything!
Have fun with your soaps!

Latest posts

Back