My crochet poncho..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are beautiful. I crochet a little, but have only done afghans.

And, is it just me - every time I see this topic I read it as "crockpot poncho" LMAO

They are beautiful. I crochet a little, but have only done afghans.

And, is it just me - every time I see this topic I read it as "crockpot poncho" LMAO

I tried to make an Afghans but it’s not easy. [emoji4]

Here’s I made for my friend. IMG_5354.jpg

I tried to make an Afghans but it’s not easy. [emoji4]

I make granny square afghans, so it's not hard, just time consuming. I do the old fashioned ones with multi-colored middles with a black border. Everyone seems to love them, but they really are a throwback to the late 70's early 80's. LOL I've been watching Roseann reruns, and there is one just like the type I make on the back of the sofa in that show. LOL Makes me laugh...

I make granny square afghans, so it's not hard, just time consuming. I do the old fashioned ones with multi-colored middles with a black border. Everyone seems to love them, but they really are a throwback to the late 70's early 80's. LOL I've been watching Roseann reruns, and there is one just like the type I make on the back of the sofa in that show. LOL Makes me laugh...

Lol.. I noticed that knitted garment is in come back. Hope including crochet because I can’t knit.

Lol.. I noticed that knitted garment is in come back. Hope including crochet because I can’t knit.

Both knitting and crochet have been making a comeback!! Everything 60s & 70s are "new" again!!

I love, love, love the poncho you made for your friend!!

Both knitting and crochet have been making a comeback!! Everything 60s & 70s are "new" again!!

I love, love, love the poncho you made for your friend!!

Thank you she love it too. I am planning to make a poncho made of alpaca or merino or 100 percent wool. But it’s very pricey.

My friend taught me before but even stitch I can’t do it it’s complicated. That’s why I just do crochet.

Briarine, The knit stitch is like the slip stitch in crochet, except you are putting the needle over the yarn (scooping it with the needle) instead of the yarn over the hook before pulling it through the loop.

Did you friend teach you holding the working yarn in your left hand like you do in crochet (Continental) or holding the working yarn in your right hand (English)?

Your latest top is beautiful! I love the colors and the pattern The nylon in the yarn content will help the alpaca keep its shape and not get longer and longer. I love spinning and knitting/crocheting with alpaca but it doesn't have the memory of wool. I like to combine another fiber with alpaca, usually a fine wool, to help with that.

Briarine, The knit stitch is like the slip stitch in crochet, except you are putting the needle over the yarn (scooping it with the needle) instead of the yarn over the hook before pulling it through the loop.

Did you friend teach you holding the working yarn in your left hand like you do in crochet (Continental) or holding the working yarn in your right hand (English)?

Your latest top is beautiful! I love the colors and the pattern The nylon in the yarn content will help the alpaca keep its shape and not get longer and longer. I love spinning and knitting/crocheting with alpaca but it doesn't have the memory of wool. I like to combine another fiber with alpaca, usually a fine wool, to help with that.

Thank you, No she didn’t teach me because it’s so awkward how I hold the knitting needles.
First time I used alpaca yarn because they’re expensive. I use merino before and it’s good too. I am allergic to hair and some wool but alpaca and merino without problems while mohair it’s given me a rash.

Back