Breaded Pork Chop Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone besides me steams their pork chops after breading and browning them in a fry pan. This was something my Armenian MIL taught me. You season and bread your chops, brown them in a pan and layer them on bread in a steamer. I steam mine for approx 45 min which finishes cooking them and makes them very tender. If you are suspicias they are not tender chops you can steam them longer. They will be very moist inside. Sure glad I payed attention to my MIL before she passed. While I am not a fan of any pork chops these are my hubby's favorite served with fresh made applesauce, baked potato and cream peas. I am making this for the parents tonight

I don't steam my breaded pork chops; I usually oven bake mine. First, I slather them with Dijon mustard (generously), then bread them with a mixture of bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and a couple of herbs. Wouldn't steaming moisten the breading?

Yes, it does make the breading moist but also makes the pork chop very moist. The bread soaks up some of the moisture and the fat. The breading stays on just fine. If I do eat a pork chop it is the only way I will eat them. I was stubborn and would not make them this way when we first got married but when I did start I never went back to any other way. My MIL had a lot of intersting tricks when cooking. With a Romanian FIL, who was a great cook, and an Armenian MIL I learned a lot about cooking. My mom was a decent cook but it was just good old American cooking.When I bread mine I coat the chops with seasoned flour before dipping in an egg bath then dip them in my favorite breading

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back