bb recipe differences

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soapaddict415 - this may be a dumb question, but I think I might be missing the obvious factor there. If I were to buy BB's from other makers, and I find one I really like, I find it hard to believe that said seller would release the recipe for me to duplicate. Sure the BB might do everything I want, but how would I duplicate it without knowing recipe amounts?

did I miss the point?

yes, you missed her point. Though, it's more fun to find your own recipe. She's suggesting buying other's BB's then once you find one you like to create your own with the same ingredients (not too hard to probably get fairly close). Since they should all have ingredients listed.

soapaddict415 - this may be a dumb question, but I think I might be missing the obvious factor there. If I were to buy BB's from other makers, and I find one I really like, I find it hard to believe that said seller would release the recipe for me to duplicate. Sure the BB might do everything I want, but how would I duplicate it without knowing recipe amounts?

did I miss the point?

Lots of people try to "dupe" certain products & I'm sure some crafters here could help.
Since crafters list ingredients on the label from highest % used to lowest % used, you can come-up with a rough idea of a recipe based on your knowledge of the process & ingredients. It would be trial & error still, but you'd know what ingredients you like in a bath bomb.

Latest posts

Back