3d Printer!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gini: The printer is doing great! I still haven't started in on learning 3d design, though, I'm way behind on editing so I need to get that done before I can. *sigh* Fun, fun, fun.

KattChaos: I've seen that measuring cube a lot. It looks neat, but I'm not really super impressed with the whole idea. In practice, it probably works ok for dry goods (like the rice shown in the pic, but for anything sticky or wet, you'd wind up leaving a lot of whatever you're measuring behind, especially in those small, narrow sections. I'll stick to my measuring spoons, I think.

I have discovered that fidget toys fascinate me, and I've made 8 or 10 different styles of them, and have quite a few more yet to print. I did print out 30 fidget cubes in assorted colors for the preK class at the local elementary, that took a while at 5 hours print time per cube. The kids loved them.

Gini: The printer is doing great! I still haven't started in on learning 3d design, though, I'm way behind on editing so I need to get that done before I can. *sigh* Fun, fun, fun.

Okay, keep us posted. It's gonna be a bit until I get my final design. (I'm so jealous of all the things you all can make with that thing.

I get so frustrated with measuring cups and spoons. They take up so much space and I lose them. That thing for me would be so helpful. Lol

I get so frustrated with measuring cups and spoons. They take up so much space and I lose them. That thing for me would be so helpful. Lol

I don't have any PETG filament (it's food safe- ABS and PLA are kind of questionable) and then you have the issue of stuff getting trapped in the tiny little grooves of the layers. And putting it into the dishwasher is going to be a no go no matter what filament it's printed from. You could make a mold from one, and cast it in a food safe material. If you want to try that, I can print one for you in PLA. PM me if you want to set something up.

Okay, keep us posted. It's gonna be a bit until I get my final design. (I'm so jealous of all the things you all can make with that thing.

I will keep you all posted. :) I've got my own logo that I want to make into a stamp, as well.

Oooh, I just got my order in from Fillamentum. Some absolutely gorgeous colors, pearl blue and vertigo galaxy and gold and silver. Got a print started already in vertigo grey. This place is probably going to be my go-to for most non-standard colors. Long as I order at least 9 spools, the cost per spool plus shipping is comparable to ordering through Amazon for their stuff, and I don't have to worry about colors being out of stock.

Back