Looking for great non-fruit flavor oils for lip balm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Anyones you love? I got a bunch from Rustic Escentuals for Christmas and I love the fruit ones, but the non-fruits are so far sort of meh. Butterscotch - kind of flat and dull, lacks the rich sweetness I expect from butter scotch. Gingerbread - pretty good OOB but seems to vanish in the balm.

I made some sugar lip scrubs for Christmas gifts and used Mint Julep from BB. I think it would probably need a sweetener, but I know you make lots of balms so probably not a big deal for you. I like it in the scrubs I made.

I've gone lip balm crazy the last 2 weeks. My little brother got me 11 new flavors. So far I've made 300 lip balms. Now I need to buy more tubes. I am legit thinking of buying a them direct from China.

I have so many! What's even worse is that I love to mix them, so I technically have even more than I actually bought. The majority are from MMS (which carries excellent flavor oils), but I also have some from AH/RE, Elements Bath & Body, Brambleberry, and La Melange.

The one flavor that I get the most requests for from the gals amongst my family/friends is Peach from MMS. It tastes like a realistic juicy peach.

The guys really seem to love the MMS Root Beer and RE's Fizzy Soda Pop the most, and also a mix I make of chocolate and orange.

The most unique flavor I have is Brambleberry's Passionfruit Rose, which is a personal fave of mine.

At present, I'm working on a Butterbeer flavor for my nephew by mixing MMS's Rootbeer with RE's Butterscotch.

One of my favorite non-fruit flavors is MMS's Vanilla Banilla. Not only is it great vanilla on its own, but its a wonderful mixer with other flavors such as mint, orange (for a creamsicle), root beer (for a root beer float), Strawberry (for strawberries and cream), etc....

One of my newest flavors is coffee. I make a balm using MMS's coffee butter as part of my base and flavor it with MMS's coffee flavor oil, or make a mocha flavor with it and a little of MMS Chocolate Cream flavor oil.

MMS has a really good honey flavor oil, too- tastes just like honey.

And they have a great Raspberries & Cream, too. I've lately taken to mixing it with their Cheesecake flavor oil for a lovely Raspberry Cupcake flavor.

I could go on and on! :lol:

IrishLass :)

check out Lorann oils they have a lot of non fruit flavors like marshmallow, popcorn, cotton candy etc.Im pretty sure they are good for lip balms but i'm not 100% sure because they are food flavorings

check out Lorann oils they have a lot of non fruit flavors like marshmallow, popcorn, cotton candy etc.Im pretty sure they are good for lip balms but i'm not 100% sure because they are food flavorings

The oils can be used (peppermint, cinnamon, etc) but the flavors cannot. The flavors are water based and won’t mix with a lip balm but the oils are great, those are the flavors I started with when I first started learning

Ditto Irish's recommendations for MMS Flavor Oils. My best sellers are Creamsicle (50/50 Vanilla Banilla & Orange EO); Honey is spot on; Peppermint EO. They have FREE shipping on a dozen -- you can mix & match flavor oils with FOs, EOs, or Extracts if you only want to try a few of the flavor oils. The Use Rate is reliable. I start with the middle amount and go up/down from there. Their "Lip Solutions" jarred lip balms are great if you don't have a recipe of your own. Sweetener enhances the flavors and you can find white stevia powder locally. A little goes a long way.

I put a drop of cinnamon in mine, but only a tiny bit. Too much irritates the the lips.
I like it because a little goes a long way and it adds an adult scent to the gloss/lipstick.

Ditto Irish's recommendations for MMS Flavor Oils. My best sellers are Creamsicle (50/50 Vanilla Banilla & Orange EO); Honey is spot on; Peppermint EO. They have FREE shipping on a dozen -- you can mix & match flavor oils with FOs, EOs, or Extracts if you only want to try a few of the flavor oils. The Use Rate is reliable. I start with the middle amount and go up/down from there. Their "Lip Solutions" jarred lip balms are great if you don't have a recipe of your own. Sweetener enhances the flavors and you can find white stevia powder locally. A little goes a long way.

They don't have Vanilla Banilla anymore. :( I had gotten that one and loved it.

They don't have Vanilla Banilla anymore. :( I had gotten that one and loved it.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I just looked and you are correct! It's not in their catalog....neither is another fave- Mango Mango! I can learn to live without Mango Mango, but Vanilla Banilla is a key component of many of my specialty flavors. Granted I don't sell, but I'm going to have a lot of disappointed family and friends (not to mention my own disappointment!). I just sent them an e-mail through their contact page to see if there's any hope of bringing it back (oh please, oh please bring it back!)

IrishLass :)

****UPDATE****

Andee from MMS just responded to my e-mail regarding Vanilla Banilla and Mango Mango. While the Mango Mango had to be discontinued due to raw component issues, the Vanilla Banilla just happened to be placed back into their catalog today!!!!! Yippeeee!!!!!

Just thought I'd share my happiness with y'all.

IrishLass :grin:

I just got recently into making lip balm. I love my recipe, but I only have two flavors: cotton candy and strawberry, so I do not know much about them.

But I have use, thanks to Kittish suggestion, cinnamon, peppermint and almond from LorAnn oil flavors, that sometimes I use in my baking. The work great!

I actually love the butterscotch scent. I like those type of fragrances, I am going to check on that!

Latest posts

Back