~*~ SMF January 2018 Challenge- Hidden Heart Swirl! ~*~
~ Last Look At November 2017 Challenge Photos~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Bath and Body Forum > Bath Bomb Questions

Old 12-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #11
Complexions

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I use SCI (powder form, not the noodles) when I make bath bombs instead of SLSa. It's a little less expensive, and get the same results: slows down fizz and creates foam bath art. I save the SLSa for when I am making bubble bars (I don't get as long of lasting bubbles from SCI in those). I also use a little bit of Poly 80 to my oils, and use cream of tartar to help harden. Spritz with alcohol or witch hazel rather than dump in, how much you need depends on the humidity when you are making them as well as how much oil you added. And last thing, vanillin in FO will turn your bath bombs brown over time just like it does with soap!

Old 12-30-2017, 07:42 PM   #12
penelopejane

Liked 2022 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 3066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunnamoon View Post
I tryed clay this week same recipe and added 1-2 tsp and there still wet and does not dry out .i wondering if this has to do with getting my baking soda and my citric acid from a bulk store .instead of buying it in a box in e.g. Costco or my supplier
No, I think it’s your recipe. Try a basic recipe without all the additives and very little liquid.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:31 PM   #13
anelajojo

Default Bath Bomb Recipe Books

I find lots of interesting recipes and useful information in bath bombs recipe books. Many of them are for free on Amazon Where do you find your inspiration?

Old 01-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #14
shunt2011
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 4775 Times on 3180 Posts
Likes Given: 4016

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelajojo View Post
I find lots of interesting recipes and useful information in bath bombs recipe books. Many of them are for free on Amazon Where do you find your inspiration?
They already have a recipe and are trying to troubleshoot why it's not working. There are many recipes available here on this site as well.

Welcome to the forum. Please read the forum rules (stickies) and introduce yourself and tell us a little about you.