2014 - What is your focus?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in 2014 what is your focus going to be and how are you going to make it happen? For me it is wholesale and private label. To get the accounts I will be doing a lot of cold calls and then following through with them to get the business. I am setting myself a minimum of 50 calls a week and do them in the mornings. By that I should be able to close 5% of them which should net me 2 new customers a week over time. Although with soap I truly expect it to be more like 2% success rate as it is such a competitive market.

What about you?

I want to learn all I can about soap making, get lots of practice in, and keep my household and friends supplied with good soap. If, after a year of soapmaking I still enjoy it and I think I have something to offer, I might consider selling.

Just in case no-one who looks in this section is aware, I'm aiming to do three main things with a couple of possible further goals.

1 - work on my soap making to get a stable full of quality products

2 - work on my lotion/skin care making to get a stable full of quality products

3 - get fully aware of the EU issues and particular points for Austria in regards to selling soap

If number 3 goes well, we then have

4 - hit local shops to see if they would stock any of the recipes

5 - get these recipes signed off for production

4 & 5 might not be in 2014, but maybe just hitting the end of it. My wife's Godfather wants me to sell soap at his Christmas market so that would also be an option.

Latest posts

Back