SMF August Challenge -Rock and Gem Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo hooo! I really admire all the entries for this month's challenge -- nice work!!!!!!!

Toxikon
the colours of your soap are really beautiful. Care to share what they are?
Thank you! As I mentioned earlier, I was really worried because it turned swamp green when I added the lye! So I'm very pleased they returned to the colour I intended.

I mixed a few different micas from my big collection of baggies. A few from WSP and Nurture. Lets see...

From Nurture: Lime Appeal, Tropical Teal
From WSP: Carribean Blue, Mermaid Blue

I can't give exact amounts unfortunately, I was just adding dashes here and there until I got a nice shade.

Then I separated the batch and added TD for the turquoise part and AC for the dark blue part.

So now I've got rocks on the brain. :) Played with the soap dough I made, and wound up with this:

soapdough3-1632.jpg

Thank you! As I mentioned earlier, I was really worried because it turned swamp green when I added the lye! So I'm very pleased they returned to the colour I intended.

I mixed a few different micas from my big collection of baggies. A few from WSP and Nurture. Lets see...

From Nurture: Lime Appeal, Tropical Teal
From WSP: Carribean Blue, Mermaid Blue

I can't give exact amounts unfortunately, I was just adding dashes here and there until I got a nice shade.

Then I separated the batch and added TD for the turquoise part and AC for the dark blue part.

So many people do the dash here and dash there - I think it is innate artistic talent. Beautiful result. But will you be able to reproduce it again?

Everyone, I'm so sorry about this. I thought I had the survey finally ready and I started sending the emails out and it didn't even save! :headbanging: That's never happened to me. I'll get a chance to fix it in about four hours, but I don't have time right now. I'm really so sorry about this. I'll have it ready within 4 hours or so.

Thanks again for all of your beautiful entries and your understanding with my timing and technical issues.

The survey has been correctly fixed. The same link/password that I emailed before will now work correctly. I'll finish sending everyone the link and password now. I'll edit this post when I finish so if you don't receive a pm by the time I edit this, please pm me about it.

Edit 4:49 pm CST: All pms have been sent. Please check your boxes.

Voting will close tomorrow at 9 pm CST (28 hours from now). I will announce the winners within that hour.

Thank you again for all of your patience.

The survey has been correctly fixed. The same link/password that I emailed before will now work correctly. I'll finish sending everyone the link and password now. I'll edit this post when I finish so if you don't receive a pm by the time I edit this, please pm me about it.

Edit 4:49 pm CST: All pms have been sent. Please check your boxes.

Voting will close tomorrow at 9 pm CST (28 hours from now). I will announce the winners within that hour.

Thank you again for all of your patience.

No worries at all, galaxy. Life happens. :)

My youngest is 17, and my oldest will be 31 in November! :shock:

When I had my "baby", (I still call him that). My dad made fun of me and called me grandma :evil:

Me too! - ages - (not to hijack the thread)

P.S. - Where can I see the gorgeous soaps y'all made?

Ok, everyone has voted!!

The winners for this month are still a tie so I'm going to go with it!

Tied for first place:

Earlene with the rhodochrosite soap!

Penelopejane with the river rock soap!

And in a very, very close third place:
Kittish with the Blue Lace Agate!

Congratulations! You all did an incredible job with this challenge! Thank you again for participating in the soap making forum August challenge!

Latest posts

Back