Oil Values - in spreadsheet form

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
I went through soapcalc.net and copied all the values from the oils they have listed (yeah it took some time...)

So, here is the output for all the values. It makes it really easy if you want to compare some oils and pick ones that will work well for you. You can sort the files by column so if you want to list them in order of conditioning or whatever, that is easily done.

If anyone has any oils they have values for that are not listed, I'd appreciate you posting them or PM'ing me and I'll add them to the list for everyone to use.

Oil Values in PDF

Oil Values in Old Excel format

Oil Values in New Excel Format

Oil Values in Open Document Format

I'll try to get an HTML version or something that I can post on the thread, I'm just not sure what format to use for that.

"I just realized that there is a spreadsheet on that site, but not as detailed as mine. "
:shh:

This should work (jpeg format)

Oil_Values.png

Last edited:
Presenting a table in a forum post is a royal pain. Plain text cut 'n paste is pretty much the only option.

I have a bit of a clue about how many hours you've spent on this -- you are being very generous to share the fruits of your labor. Thank you!

Presenting a table in a forum post is a royal pain. Plain text cut 'n paste is pretty much the only option.

I have a bit of a clue about how many hours you've spent on this -- you are being very generous to share the fruits of your labor. Thank you!

I've figured out how to do this in the past and it wasn't too tough after getting it straight, I think i Had to convert it to a CSV format and then insert into a table. I'll fiddle around and see how to make it presentable.

Updated with image of spreadsheet. Also, if anyone has oils that aren't on this list and you know the values for them, I'd appreciate you posting them or PM'ing me and I'll add them in here for everyone to use!

Updated with image of spreadsheet. Also, if anyone has oils that aren't on this list and you know the values for them, I'd appreciate you posting them or PM'ing me and I'll add them in here for everyone to use!

Thanks, Rose. I can't imagine how time consuming this project was.

I went through soapcalc.net and copied all the values from the oils they have listed (yeah it took some time...)

So, here is the output for all the values. It makes it really easy if you want to compare some oils and pick ones that will work well for you. You can sort the files by column so if you want to list them in order of conditioning or whatever, that is easily done.

If anyone has any oils they have values for that are not listed, I'd appreciate you posting them or PM'ing me and I'll add them to the list for everyone to use.

Oil Values in PDF

Oil Values in Old Excel format

Oil Values in New Excel Format

Oil Values in Open Document Format

I'll try to get an HTML version or something that I can post on the thread, I'm just not sure what format to use for that.

"I just realized that there is a spreadsheet on that site, but not as detailed as mine. ":shh:

This should work (jpeg format)

Oil_Values.png

How do I copy and paste this in an excel spreadsheet?? It does not format correctly in the cells.

Kmarvel -- don't try the copy-n-paste thing. Download the spreadsheets instead and you'll be much happier. See Post 1 for links to the spreadsheet files.

Kmarvel -- don't try the copy-n-paste thing. Download the spreadsheets instead and you'll be much happier. See Post 1 for links to the spreadsheet files.

ok, thanks DeeAnna. :wave:

Rogue,

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put in this. I, for one, will make it my "Oil Bible". :)

Kathie

Back