New scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brambleberry has some kids and men's fragrances. I've used "Shave & a Haircut" (very clean, old barber shop style) and Drakaar type (just like Drakaar cologne)- both for men and both very nice. (I probably spelled Drakaar wrong :) ). I haven't used any kid's fragrances, but I imagine fruity ones would be good. My daughter likes the "Champagne" because it smells like Sprite.
Cheers!
Anna Marie

Monkey farts and monkey breath are both fruity, fun scents that can appeal to children and adults. Sex on the beach, despite its name, is also a fresh, fruity scent that can appeal to men. Other than those, the designer perfume dupes like cool water, Aqua di gio are also nice.

Hmmm well the kids I know go for food scents such as choc, strawberry, vanilla and mango. Hubby likes sandalwood blends, bayrum and coconut scents plus the food ones. The dudes I know also seem to like the herbal ones with eucalyptus and tea tree.

In saying all that, hubby will happily grab whatever is in the shower and go for gold. He doesn't care if he walks around smelling like rose or lavender, as long as the soap bubbles and isn't scratchy. If he walks around looking like a Viking but smelling like a nanna I doubt anyone will call him on it .

My husband's favorites in this order are: BB's Cedar and Saffron, BB's Fresh Bamboo, and EOs of Lavender + Lemon. I've got a couple other big fans of Cedar and Saffron among my friends as well. When I think of scents for kids, I think of light and fruity ones ... Long Winter Soap Co. makes a scent called Unicorn Farts which is just a cotton candy/spearmint blend. Froot Loops FOs are available too. If I wanted to make a kids' soap that me and my husband would use too, it would probably be a citrus. Lemon and orange are good in everything IMO.

my best selling men's soap scents are from Southwest Candle Supply - Green Irish Tweed (Creed Dupe), Black Ice, Citrus & Teakwood, and Indonesian Teak. I also have 2 from AAA Candle Supply that have been selling well - Tuscan Tobacco & Viper. Guys also tend to love Bay Rum

My niece and kids all like...
Fruit Slices from NG which we call Tootie Fruity.
Jolly Rancher is dead on like a watermelon one (wsp).
Def. Monkey Farts is an oldie but a goodie.. along with Pink Sugar.
Doodlebug (NG) smells like sweet bubblegum.
Green Apple
Raspberry Lemonade (wsp) we think smells like gummy bears.
I have 100+ scents but these are my stand outs.

For men I'd need to look.. I rename a lot of mine so need to see the proper names. lol

Cool Water, Dragon's Blood, Egyptian Dragon, Dark Temptation (Essentials by Catalina), but it has to be hp'ed, Vanilla Sandalwood is good for men and women and as suprising as it is I have a lot men buy plumeria and plumeria & hardwood musk mix. Carpe Diem from Soapalooza is a very nice mens that women also like. Bakery fragrances for children

For men, I have a soap with sage and clove EO and a little ground patchouli that men tend to like (women like it too, though). Cedarwood, pine, and citrus (lemon or lime EO) are good ones too.

I'm still experimenting with soap for kids...and my son isn't a kid with average tastes, so I can't really always go with what he likes :) But I've heard citrus is popular with kids too, and cloves.

Kids, Fruity Rings (NG), Doodlebug (NG), Monkey Farts (NG), Pink Sugar (Peak) are a few. For men, handsdown my best sellers are The Perfect Man, Teakwood & Cardamon and Aqua di Gio from Nature's Garden.

Thank you for all the ideas. But I don't know what websites to get them from? Have ordered from bramble berry before, but don't know of any other good site to order from.

It varies where I get mine. I also only use essential oils, not fragrance oils. I usually get mine locally in Seattle, but I also get them through Essential Depot, Organic Creations (out of Oregon), and Amazon occasionally (but I usually stick with brands I trust like Now Foods).

DAy star's Paradise is very very popular with everyone it seems. Smells like SPrite as well and is super easy to work with. Brambleberry's Gingerale and Champagne are similar.

Love Spell dupes for kids. Lots of places make it but I have used Peak's most.

Cotton Candy is popular with kids too (peak, Candle Science).

BrambleBerry's Rich Dark Chocolate smells like chocolate cake. my 15 yo son and lots of his friends LOVE this scent.

I agree about the other men's fragrances listed before.

http://www.daystarsupplies.com/
http://www.peakcandle.com/
http://www.candlescience.com/

This might be handy for you (look for the tabs at the bottom for other vendors):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CMTEtswL&hl=en&authkey=CMTEtswL#gid=0

Thanks for this thread...very help! If I could add one more scent for men... My guys like Sedona from Brambleberry. I mix it in a nice three-color clay soap.

Back