Just not getting the smell .....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magical

Reaction score
I am very new to the candle making scene so I would love some suggestions or tips on why my candles are not smelling as good as they should be.

I definitely have the right wick size for the jars and they are getting a full melt pool. To me they almost smell like a burnt smell with a hint of the FO. You have to really put your nose over them to smell this.

I am using advance ecosoya CB with 9% FO. I am heating the wax to 165 then adding the FO - stirring gently and pouring around 155.

What am I missing !!!!:Kitten Love: .. It's starting to do my head in !! Oh I am letting them cure for a week even longer.

Any suggestions or tips I would really appreciate it !

Thanks Relle9
The two I burnt yesterday was
Black Raspberry Sugar and
Cinnamon and Spice

What oh what is problem !

Both of those scents are quite strong, so I can't tell what could be going wrong. Sometimes the weather can play a part, but I can't see that being anything to do with the scent throw. If I think of what it could be I'll let you know. Maybe you could contact NCS and ask their advice.

I would try adding the FO at a lower temp and pouring at a lower temp. If your wax is too hot when you're adding your FO then some of the scent will burn off and your candle wont be as strong :)

That is the correct temperature from the manufacturer for pouring this wax, I wouldn't go lower.

Just because that's the recommended temp doesn't mean it HAS to be that way. I understand that it needs to be a certain temp for the scent to combine with the wax, however, it is possible that the thermometer is off by a few degrees, or that the temp isn't even. Just adjusting a little (adding at 5 degrees cooler even) might make a difference.

Back