Cleaning Up....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinak

Reaction score
I like to clean up as I go. It doesn't matter what I am doing, I'm always cleaning while I'm doing it! It makes me absolutely CRAZY when I'm working with beeswax because I never know what to do with the mess and I end up staring at it and driving myself nuts thinking about cleaning it up! :Kitten Love:

How do you guys clean up after a session with wax?

I use one of those paint scraper things to scrape the counter off with. If I know the wax is pretty clean and has no contaminants from the counter, I will put it back in my pour pot for my next session. That's pretty rare though and I end up throwing the scrapings away.
Everything else I clean as I go and wipe up with paper towels while it's all still warm.

Have you tried using orange essential oil straight on the wax? You can also buy solvents to dissolve the wax. I always scrape off what wax I can and then apply the e.o. or solvent, followed by a thorough wash of soapy water.

Have you tried using orange essential oil straight on the wax? You can also buy solvents to dissolve the wax. I always scrape off what wax I can and then apply the e.o. or solvent, followed by a thorough wash of soapy water.

I do this only about every 4th or 5th pouring session, when there seems to be a wax 'buildup' - I've gotten pretty good at pouring without spillovers or leakage (thank goodness!! LOL) so it's usually not a problem. And my candlemaking area is on the other side of the room from my soaping area.

Good ideas! It's usually my spoons and bowls that I can't seem to get clean.

Good ideas! It's usually my spoons and bowls that I can't seem to get clean.

Do you have a heat gun? Heat those suckers up and melt the wax and if it's just a little bit wipe up with papertowels. If it's more than a bit, heat it up and pour it into a little votive cup and reuse it in your next pouring session. :)

I put all my metal and glass items in the oven on 200 on a cookie sheet with a large amount of paper towels and that melts all the wax off and collects it on the paper towels. Easy peasy

I put all my metal and glass items in the oven on 200 on a cookie sheet with a large amount of paper towels and that melts all the wax off and collects it on the paper towels. Easy peasy

have to be careful doing that with seamed molds. The soldering could break, and then if you don't have a soldering iron or solder you're sol on that mold.
Just don't ask me how I know that!! LOL ;)

I only put in my pots/pans spoons and measuring cups. I haven't delved into molds yet. Right now I just make wax melts and use clamshells.

Latest posts

Back