Conflicting FO amounts?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOhoarder

Reaction score
I'm making some tarts with the Ecosoya pillar blend wax and have found 3 different fragrance loads. One site says 6% max, one 5-12% max and one 6-9% max. I obviously want my tarts to smell as much as they can so I want to use the max allowed but with this conflicting info I'm confused. Anyone use this wax for tarts and have any input as far as FO load? Thanks everyone!

This is what my supplier recommends -

For the fragrance loading, we recommend between 8-10% per 100 grams of wax for the fragrance oils and about 6% for the essential oils.

Per the manufacturer's website, recommended max fragrance load is up to 12% for Pillar Blend.

http://www.ngiwax.com/products/usingecosoya/pbinstructions.html

I would start with 6% then go to 9%. Personally, 6% has worked well for me for the ones I've poured using PB. My testers are going to be double checking hot throw for me on 6%. Of course, there are some FOs that simply won't throw as well at 6% so 9% would improve it so its trial and error finding the right load for each fragrance. Sadly, frosting might be more likely with a higher fragrance load.

Latest posts

Back