Secret Garden CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapEh

Reaction score
My first time attempting the secret feather technique, and my 14th batch ever :) Scented in 'Pear Fantasy'. Mmm.

The recipe is high in palm and PKO, so it sets up fast and isn't super easy to work with, but the soap is sooo silky. I haven't been making soap long enough to see what this recipe is like after six months or a year, but the five-week old bar I just took out to test (before making this batch, I wanted to make sure I like the recipe) was heavenly.

Excuse the bars' rough appearance, they're freshly unmolded and cut; when they harden more I'll plane and trim them, but I couldn't wait to share.

IMG_20171105_090953.jpg

very cute flower! and a vivid name,too! :)

Sent from my SM-G532G using Soap Making mobile app
Thanks!

I'm pretty proud of this one for a very specific reason. My mom isn't a big fan of bar soap in general, and though she says my soaps are "pretty", so far she hasn't expressed any desire to try them.

When I sent her a picture of this batch, her reply was a single line, and it made my day. "It's gorgeous, can I please have a bar of this one?!"

Yep.

Thanks!

I'm pretty proud of this one for a very specific reason. My mom isn't a big fan of bar soap in general, and though she says my soaps are "pretty", so far she hasn't expressed any desire to try them.

When I sent her a picture of this batch, her reply was a single line, and it made my day. "It's gorgeous, can I please have a bar of this one?!"

Yep.

That is a very pretty soap!

LOL! I hope she uses it! I'd send my mom some of my most beautiful soaps. When I went to visit, they were all in the bathrooms and kitchen, beautifully displayed. Not one had been used. I told her over and over to use them. She, however, is one that doesn't use the "pretty" soaps (or the guest towels). She and her friends have bathroom galleries of my pretty soap.

Now I send the hideous soaps, great bars where the color or swirl went wrong. After years of sending the fanciest, prettiest soaps she finally uses my soap. I had to laugh when she called after all that time and soap, telling me how much she loved using my soap instead of what she'd been using.

She still won't use the pretty soap. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back