Apple Cider Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annalee2003

Reaction score
Used frozen apple cider in my lye water for this one.

Colored with cocoa and paprika powder.

Scented with frankincense and patchouli essential oils. Which I’m regretting now because I hate the smell of patchouli and the bars just smell like stinky feet. Ugh.

First time making round soap though! And first time using a Pringles can as a round soap mold. Not sure how much I like it. Seems a bit wasteful (yet delicious!) to keep buying Pringles every time I want to make some round soap. I might invest in a pvc pipe.

IMG_1509409239.404356.jpg
IMG_1509409260.955796.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1509409246.633859.jpg
    IMG_1509409246.633859.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 104
If you are looking for round soap molds try a Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) pipe from the hardware store.

Never ventured to try Patchouli. What does it smell like? I love frankincense and mirhh or just frankincense. Nice swirly soap you made! My husband cut some pvc in half and I used clamp-things for holding both halves together for my mold. It worked really good.

Never ventured to try Patchouli. What does it smell like? I love frankincense and mirhh or just frankincense. Nice swirly soap you made! My husband cut some pvc in half and I used clamp-things for holding both halves together for my mold. It worked really good.

Could you please post a pic of the clamp things? I really want a PVC mold, but thinking of unmolding it is keeping me from trying it.

Smells like wet earth to me (kinda like mushrooms?). I don’t really like it much, but some people do.
I am definitely invest in a pvc pipe at some point!

And first time using a Pringles can as a round soap mold. Not sure how much I like it. Seems a bit wasteful (yet delicious!) to keep buying Pringles every time I want to make some round soap.

Your soap is cool, annalee. But silly girl, you're missing the point on pringles! It's the best excuse you'll ever have to buy (and eat) them!

Your soap is cool, annalee. But silly girl, you're missing the point on pringles! It's the best excuse you'll ever have to buy (and eat) them!

Haha, very true! I don’t normally buy Pringles, so it’d definitely be a good excuse to!

Could you please post a pic of the clamp things? I really want a PVC mold, but thinking of unmolding it is keeping me from trying it.

My husband just gave me radiator hose clamps. He put rubber plumbing caps either end and held it together with radiator hose clamps. I will try to share a picture but do not know how.

Great idea. You can also use a tin can (I had a pineapple can that fit the pipe exactly) if you screw the tin from the inside to a flat board Then cover one end of the pipe with plastic wrap and push it into the tin you also have an automatic stain!

Latest posts

Back